Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was led to believe my car had Keyless Go which I don't; turns out the sales rep didn't understand the differences between Keyless Entry and Keyless Go, so am S.O.L because I didn't realize this until after I kept trying to use the push button. Is this something that can be added now?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was led to believe my car had Keyless Go which I don't; turns out the sales rep didn't understand the differences between Keyless Entry and Keyless Go, so am S.O.L because I didn't realize this until after I kept trying to use the push button. Is this something that can be added now?
If your GLA came without Keyless Go you would not have a button in the ignition slot....if you just had Keyless start you would have the start button and if you had Keyless Go you would have both the start button and access to the doors without the key fob so what push button were you trying to use?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok sorry, I'm thinking Keyless start; am not worried about the doors, although that would be nice too.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I am with bellermb… if you have the silver button just to the right of the steering column and is marker ENGINE START/STOP then you have Keyless Go (which does include auto door unlock [as you approach the car and pull on the door handle] and a few other features. So could you clarify "trying to use the push button"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was given a push button by the sales person but it appears useless as I must use the key fob to start the car. My question is can the car be programed to use the pushbutton to start the car; said another way, can I add Keyless Start now?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I was given a push button by the sales person but it appears useless as I must use the key fob to start the car. My question is can the car be programed to use the pushbutton to start the car; said another way, can I add Keyless Start now?
Try inserting that button in the keyhole, push the button while your foot is on the brake, and watch the magic happen! The button pops in and out to use the key, but otherwise is push-to-start. That is, if as you were told it's keyless. Is your model year 2015 or 16?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes good point you need to depress the brake when you push the start/stop button....I had to drive 15 miles to where my wife was last summer because she could not get her new car started and even after I told her over the phone to use the brake while depressing the button I actually had to show her in person....lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
No you can"t add keyless go after manufacture. This is why I got such an amazing deal on my car. I test drove car and asked about push start/keyless entry, dealer told me they install push button after purchase, because cars on the lot could be stolen. Negotiated deal, signed paperwork, went to car and dealer spent 30 min trying to install the button.....turns out car was not equipped. He said it would cost thousands to install after manufacture as it runs through the engine. Needless to say, I told him he sold me a car with keyless go, he agreed. We cancelled the deal, he searched and searched, ultimately the only "matching" car with keyless go had every option and the dealer ended up giving it to me for the same price to make it right.

I still find it amazing that a Mercedes did not come standard with keyless. Hear it is now standard on the 2016.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're 100% correct. Keyless Go actually works with several sensors installed around the car. The range of the technology is very limited, like only 3-5 feet. You'd not want someone unlocking and starting your car while you're 20-30 feet away or accessing the trunk; or opening the passenger door or trunk when you entered the driver's side door. The different sensors also allow the car to unlock only the door you approach, the butt hatch when behind the car, or start the engine when physically inside the vehicle.

The on/off button doesn't actually have a sensor embedded in it. It just sends a signal to the car every time it is pressed.

I'm also pretty sure you need a key with the other transmitter side of the technology inside, but it costs less than $1 to implement, so all keys may have it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am with bellermb… if you have the silver button just to the right of the steering column and is marker ENGINE START/STOP then you have Keyless Go (which does include auto door unlock [as you approach the car and pull on the door handle] and a few other features. So could you clarify "trying to use the push button"
Actually we are in this industry and we have got same inquiries from other clients too, our engineer's suggestions is that need to change the key to add the sensor and car lock...

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think it's definitely possible. It's just a lot of work with the wiring... this company in Singapore does retrofits for A, GLC, CLA and Beemers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts