Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve unfortunately had an airpod fall down into one of the holes where the seatbelt buckles are in the middle of the rear seats.

I’ve tried fishing it out through various methods such as a wire, magnet etc.

Is there any way the rear seats can be removed/lifted?

Would greatly appreciate the help, my car is a 2020 GLA (newer shape) 200D AMG Line Premium.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Actually, it isn't that hard to remove. You need to remove the seatbelt hold-down clips. Look at some online so you can see how they unclip so you don't break them. They are all that hold the back part of the seat down. The front of the seat is just forced into place with a friction hold on a metal bracket on each side, just pull the front up firmly. I am only referring to the seat bottom part.

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
~2:10 on in this video may help. Not a GLA but most MB rear seats are somewhat similar.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve unfortunately had an airpod fall down into one of the holes where the seatbelt buckles are in the middle of the rear seats.

I’ve tried fishing it out through various methods such as a wire, magnet etc.

Is there any way the rear seats can be removed/lifted?

Would greatly appreciate the help, my car is a 2020 GLA (newer shape) 200D AMG Line Premium.
They can come right out I have removed the base of my rear seat in my gla and it comes out very easily you pop the rear out and then the front is got two u-shaped hooks that are hooked in so you just slide them back and up and there is little plastic pieces around the child hooks those pizzas slide right out and then you can take the base of the rear seat out which will allow the rear seat to fold completely flat and have a level surface if you're not having rear passengers it's the best way to do it the only thing I would recommend is underneath the base of the seat it is pretty much bare metal I would throw some towels in there to make sure that the back of the seat doesn't get marks on it from underneath it'll also give you a little more sound deadening I've had mine that way for a year if you don't even need remove the rear headrests and I was very easily able to slide a 4 by 4 foot sheet of wood right in the back like it was nothing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts