Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I am interested in leasing a GLA 45 AMG but just need some numbers to help me out with dealing with dealerships.

I am looking for:

Residual Value for 36mo, 12k miles/yr
Money Factor
Multi-Safe Deposit option (what number and how many can be used, I think I read up to 10?)

Some of the dealerships in my area is real stingy with providing these numbers.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I didn't lease mine but I recall a few members on here did post up some relevant details for leasing.

I'm new to the forum. I leased a GLA250 4matic this past weekend. Specs include:

Cirrus White
Bi-Xenons
Panorama Roof
Sports Package (19" AMG wheels)
Illuminated Star, etc

I can include a full list later. The MSRP was around $40000, but I managed to squeeze out a nice $1700 discount. I went to 4 dealers in New York(where I live). Some dealers didn't want to go below MSRP, some did. Obviously, I leased from the dealer that gave me the best discount. The money factor was .00145 with autopay. The lease was 12k a year/36months.
Total monthly payment including tax is $499, which is 8.625%. All fees were rolled into the lease, including acquisition fee/destination. I paid the first months payment, tax, title, and registration only.

You can grab a very good deal from a dealer if they have a decent amount of stock(my dealer just got a "truckload" in). Considering that the GLA just came out, any discount is good! Don't settle for MSRP.
Full discussion in here -> Leased a GLA250!

And If you are still juggling around the idea of either buying or leasing here is a good thread to read. -> Lease or Buy?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If a dealer tell you they cannot discount much on amg, then you should start walking away. I got almost every option on mine and Msrp was $64705. The selling price was $59xxx. So I got about $5k discount from the dealer. I got to go through 5 dealer and drove 70 miles to pick up the car but discount save is worth it in my opinion. My lease was 3k down with tax, 1st payment, and all the fees Included. Monthly payment is $800 included tax and I am in the 9% la county. It is an awesome car and the deals can be done with this car.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.

Good link @Adolini, plenty of good info on the GLA250 but no mention of the AMG.

Appreciate the info too @Evoperformance, I'll try my best to get some discount but they certainly aren't making it easy. It is kind of annoying though, the dealers keep saying "one man built this engine" and "AMG this" and "AMG that" without actually answering questions and giving me numbers over the phone and/or through email.

I know it is kind of weird but I am shopping this with a Lexus RC350 FSport and one email from that dealership and I get a very detailed summary with all the numbers including a pretty **** good price quote as a first reply. These Benz dealerships doesn't seem so eager to make some business and sell their cars.

Do not mean to rant, this is definitely not exclusive to Benz (same experience with BMW) but it does suck to get the run around.

But I digress... Once I get info I will post it so that others could use it as source or at least as a reference as I know numbers doesn't always stay the same.

Reactions: Adolini

·
Registered
144 Posts
ha ha i asked for a measly discount and the guy was like youre lucky we dont charge you a premium . Rare car, new high desirability , only getting a few yada yada yada

·
Registered
84 Posts
If a sales rep refuses to give or even show you a copy of their leasing worksheet, I would go immediately to the GM. If the GM also says no, you need to find another dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Good link @Adolini, plenty of good info on the GLA250 but no mention of the AMG.

Appreciate the info too @Evoperformance, I'll try my best to get some discount but they certainly aren't making it easy. It is kind of annoying though, the dealers keep saying "one man built this engine" and "AMG this" and "AMG that" without actually answering questions and giving me numbers over the phone and/or through email.

I know it is kind of weird but I am shopping this with a Lexus RC350 FSport and one email from that dealership and I get a very detailed summary with all the numbers including a pretty **** good price quote as a first reply. These Benz dealerships doesn't seem so eager to make some business and sell their cars.

Do not mean to rant, this is definitely not exclusive to Benz (same experience with BMW) but it does suck to get the run around.

But I digress... Once I get info I will post it so that others could use it as source or at least as a reference as I know numbers doesn't always stay the same.
Before heading to the dealership I also did some research of my own in terms of costs and fees of what dealers pay and how much they make off each sale. I used unhaggle.com and generated my list of numbers, pretty much a barganing chip before getting taken for a ride.

Check them out

http://www.unhaggle.com/dealer-cost/report/form/?make=Mercedes-Benz&model=GLA-Class&year=2015

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that tip but I am having a hard time getting into the site, it keeps telling me that my postal code is invalid? Weird, maybe I'll try it on another computer later on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If a dealer tell you they cannot discount much on amg, then you should start walking away. I got almost every option on mine and Msrp was $64705. The selling price was $59xxx. So I got about $5k discount from the dealer. I got to go through 5 dealer and drove 70 miles to pick up the car but discount save is worth it in my opinion. My lease was 3k down with tax, 1st payment, and all the fees Included. Monthly payment is $800 included tax and I am in the 9% la county. It is an awesome car and the deals can be done with this car.
You are in Socal. Outside of several major markets you can't even find GLA45 to bargain.

BTW what's wrong with this stupid new app?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The GLA45 is hard to negotiate but I am sure there are dealer out there that is willing to Negotiate. If you are able to save 5K on the car, it might be worth it to fly and take a roadtrip back. For me, I took the Amtrak down to the dealership and the sales manager was nice enough to pay for my taxi fare from the train station to the dealership. Some think its a hassle to do all this but for me, I think its worth it. Some dealer blow me away (AMG no discount thing) and some discount very little. But I would just keep on calling different dealership and you will find the car and price you want. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
someone please correct me but I calculated the rates based on what's under MBUSA's lease offers for the GLA45....

So site says:
MSRP: $51525
Selling: $49147
Cap Red: $4599
Term: 36mo

[email protected] $30400 (means 59% residual right?)
Monthly Payment of $499

From that I calculated MF as 0.001414

Am I doing something wrong?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts