Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car has been in and out the dealer which they assure me there’s nothing wrong, find it hard to believe. The noise only occurs after hard braking and when the brakes are extremely hot. It seems to go after applying the hold brake feature and as I said only ever happens when the brakes are extremely hot after hard braking. I think the calliper is either sticking or the rotors are warped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your rotor has a slight warp to it, how many miles do you have on the car?
Thank-you for replying, I got it at 20000, I’ve done 6000 since having it and it’s fair to say I was out in the car most evenings heavy on the gas and very heavy on the brakes to which this noise recently occurred. My friend a mechanic also said the same about the rotor, when it’s so hot it’s expanding slightly and causing this noise

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
Hot rotors that are not rotating while the brakes are applied can warp. Using the brake hold feature is not a good idea. Minimal pressure is a better idea. If you put the car in Park you should reach down and pull the brake release handle. This is especially true when exiting the car after driving on a closed course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hot rotors that are not rotating while the brakes are applied can warp. Using the brake hold feature is not a good idea. Minimal pressure is a better idea. If you put the car in Park you should reach down and pull the brake release handle. This is especially true when exiting the car after driving on a closed course.
Thanks mate all great advice I’ll take this into consideration in due course I’ll be changing the rotors and pads any opinions which to go for I’ll be doing the job myself alongside a mechanic friend of mine quite abs simple and easy job to save some £££

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always liked Hawk. Our 45 is my wife's daily driver. I've done very little with it other than standard maintenance. So for the GLA I have no direct experience.
Cheers bud, I’ll have a little look I’m from the uk haven’t heard of them before so wonder if they have a supplier here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've always liked Hawk. Our 45 is my wife's daily driver. I've done very little with it other than standard maintenance. So for the GLA I have no direct experience.
Cheers bud, I’ll have a little look I’m from the uk haven’t heard of them before so wonder if they have a supplier here
I too historically appreciate Hawk braking performance products but likewise have not implemented on our GLA.

two votes for hawk I’ll have a look appreciate the reaction!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great advice, we used to get this with race cars in the pit stops if the driver pressed to hard during the wheel change. 👍👍👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts