Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my California Legacy Plates and I think black plates works well with the black paint. :D Will try and post better pics later.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just fill out the application and send $50. That is pretty much it. It can take 4-12 weeks depending if you want sequential or custom (custom takes longer).

I honestly put MAD 45 without thinking it would get approved or I assumed it would have been taken already. lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
880 Posts
Nightscar is that front lic mount custom? i dont have a GLA (yet), is the GLA one of those cars where you have to drill into the bumper to mount it OEM?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It looks incredible!!!

I planned to put non-custom CA black plates on whatever new car I was gonna get and right now that would be the gray 2016 GLA 250 I ordered. May not be as great as black on black but I still want those black plates.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments, I think it'll look great on any color to be honest but to me it looks extra good on black because it blends well.

Nightscar is that front lic mount custom? i dont have a GLA (yet), is the GLA one of those cars where you have to drill into the bumper to mount it OEM?
Yeah, GLA comes with a plastic bracket for the plates that has to be drilled through the bumper. I didn't want that and I didn't like the tow-hitch plate attachment (not to mention many has experienced sensor errors with it's placement).

Not exactly custom, I just found a way to put the plates on the grill. I made a thread on it a few months back: http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...on/10337-lower-grill-licence-plate-mount.html

Beware though, the mount I used migh/will rust so try and protect it. You can spray it with rustoleum or even plastidip to protect it, especially if you're in a location that rains once in a while.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, I think it'll look great on any color to be honest but to me it looks extra good on black because it blends well.

Yeah, GLA comes with a plastic bracket for the plates that has to be drilled through the bumper. I didn't want that and I didn't like the tow-hitch plate attachment (not to mention many has experienced sensor errors with it's placement).

Not exactly custom, I just found a way to put the plates on the grill. I made a thread on it a few months back: http://www.glaowners.com/forum/merc...on/10337-lower-grill-licence-plate-mount.html

Beware though, the mount I used migh/will rust so try and protect it. You can spray it with rustoleum or even plastidip to protect it, especially if you're in a location that rains once in a while.
Thanks for the info im in cali as well, just wondering how you did yours so that i can get an idea. when i do have to put it on once in a while

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You mean the spray? Rustoleum or Plasti-dip is a spray paint, you just have to do it right and spray enough layers the first time and you probably wouldn't have to retouch it or respray for a good while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts