Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who had answered my questions which made my decision much simpler. I had purchased a demo GLA (with ~2000km)

I understand that the car "learns" the driving habits, but with my vehicle being a demo, can I somehow reset the CPU to learn how I drive? Or, it doesn't really matter?

Thanks!
Calvin

·
Registered
243 Posts
Good question. I don't have an answer for you though. Have you actually received your GLA yet, or have you yet to pick it up? I just figure that a question like that should be answerable by either the owner's manual or the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alcatraz,

I am picking up my GLA tomorrow, will definitely ask the dealer then.

Thanks again,
Calvin

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone who had answered my questions which made my decision much simpler. I had purchased a demo GLA (with ~2000km)

I understand that the car "learns" the driving habits, but with my vehicle being a demo, can I somehow reset the CPU to learn how I drive? Or, it doesn't really matter?

Thanks!
Calvin
Your car is always learning. If you drive it hard, it will adapt to that style. If you then drive it with more restraint, it will adapt to that after a few miles. No need to reset anything.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Reactions: Tim and hfcman

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone know if the "learning" is at all different based on what key is used? My wife drives the GLA more than I do, and she definitely drives uh, more conservatively. Wondering if the reset procedure will more benefit her or me :)

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
This is a feature that has been around for quite a few years on virtually all transmissions. The TCU (Transmission Control Unit) can adapt to your driving style. I have even noticed that my GLA will now rev to at least 3,500rpm pretty quick now in 'E' mode. It did not do that AT ALL in the beginning of owning this vehicle.

Bear in mind this has nothing to do with 'power.' It is all about gear-selection. That's it. In my prior experience with AMG's there always was a way to do a quick 'reset' of this system. I have not found any tricks as of yet, but I will continue to research.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have picked up my GLA!! I love it!!

The dealer said he doesnt know how to reset it, but will ask for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts