Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, both folding rear seat latches are broken and I need to also repair my seatbelts since they are locked as well. How do I remove an replace the latches if I cannot fold the seats?. Also my rear seat belts are locked. Should I fix the rear seat belts first or the broken latches? How do you access the seat belts? (the seatbelts locked after an accident). I was planning to get them fixed by mailig them to a repair shop but I don't even know how to remove the rear seat belts. Please HELP. :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long story short, both folding rear seat latches are broken and I need to also repair my seatbelts since they are locked as well. How do I remove an replace the latches if I cannot fold the seats?. Also my rear seat belts are locked. Should I fix the rear seat belts first or the broken latches? How do you access the seat belts? (the seatbelts locked after an accident). I was planning to get them fixed by mailig them to a repair shop but I don't even know how to remove the rear seat belts. Please HELP. :cry:
So I went through a similar issue. I bought a car after an accident. So you'll need to fold the seats down to get in to do the seatbelts. It's not a necessity but it makes life a little easier. If you look down into the hole in the seat where the latch release is/was, there will be a little wing on one of the sides. You'll need a metal pick tool (I used a 90⁰ one). Put the pick end under the wing and pull up when you feel the little click and hear what sounds like the seat release, pull the seat down. I put a piece of foam over the strike so the seat couldn't lock in place.

As for the seatbelts, I wouldn't bother having them sent out. I got replacement belts for the back for $100 each from a scrap yard. You'll have to undo both back side panels in order to get in to remove the seatbelts. Another thing that helped me was I had to cut the belts out so I didn't need to maneuver everything through that small hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts