Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of new GLA 250. Added basic roof carrier and bicycle rack. With the carrier installed, I am unable to open the panorama roof. There are rubber protrusions at the bottom of the front carrier mount which are right above the roof glass and stops it from coming up and back. Have others experienced the same? Seems kind of dumb if I cannot use the pano roof because of the carrier. In addition, with the bicycle rack installed, there is a constant extremely annoying whistle from wind noise if you go above 50 mph. I have not removed the bicycle rack yet to see if it is causing some or all of the wind noise

Any thought or recommendations appreciated

Phil

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don't think that I have heard of a whistling noise problem on the forum yet. I hope you can figure it out. I know how annoying that can be, even though it is harmless. That other thread should give you an idea of what to expect in terms of the sun roof opening or closing with the roof rack though.

Congrats on your new vehicle. Hope the rest of your experience with it is positive.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
Yes, they whistle. There are rubber strips that go into the grooves in the base bar that the bike rack mounts into. These are supposed to reduce the whistle, but I haven't installed them yet. To do so, would have to cut them to leave space for the bike rack to go into groove. Want to see if I can get replacement rubber strip before cutting incase I find other options that I want to mount to the base bars.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I wonder what good reason Mercedes has to not make the pano roof open when the roof rack is installed. Do you think there is some type of safety issue with it? A regulation of some kind, or just poor engineering and planning?

And welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts