Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

How's the call quality on your GLA 45? When I call people, most of the time they have trouble hearing me when I'm at highway speeds. In fact, they even have trouble if I'm driving at low speed with the window open even just a little bit. I never had trouble with people hearing me on my C-Class.

I brought my car into the dealership today to look at some other stuff and I mentioned this to them. They said that maybe it's because of the fact that it's a hatch and the exhaust is loud... but I feel like this is a Mercedes and that shouldn't be an issue. If this was a Honda Civic, fine. But I expect Mercedes to build a bluetooth system that works.

Anyways just curious if I'm all alone on this one or if it actually is a design issue with the car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I am not having the issues you described… no problems hearing (other than my hearing is not great :( ) and never had someone tell me they were having any problems on their end. Odd…???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the other day I was driving on the highway and had to yell so the other person could hear me. Super frustrating.

It seems like my 45 has all the problems.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am not having the issues you described… no problems hearing (other than my hearing is not great :( ) and never had someone tell me they were having any problems on their end. Odd…???
Interesting.

Maybe it has something to do with the type of phone being used and the system being more compatible with specific types over others.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting.

Maybe it has something to do with the type of phone being used and the system being more compatible with specific types over others.
You'd think so but I had a Samsung Note 4, and I just traded it for an iPhone 6. Both were problematic. And my Note 4 worked perfectly with my '11 C250.

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
My Note 3 works great, but then again my car is a GLA250.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just remembered that it's not actually the bluetooth. Even the voice command system doesn't understand me when I'm driving on the highway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea the other day I was driving on the highway and had to yell so the other person could hear me. Super frustrating.

It seems like my 45 has all the problems.
Did you guys tried to adjust transmission volume or reception volume?
I did adjust and now its much beter. BTW i am on GLA250.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
For the most part, the calls are clear and the voice command understands me pretty well for phone calls.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my GLA250. When on the Highway people hear a echo/or sound if i had the window open, breeze...etc... I'm taking it to get checked may 3rd but I don't know if it's covered under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts