Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to set the Bluetooth to "manually" connect? I think it gave me that option during the pairing process but I deleted the phone and started fresh, didn't see the option.
I don't really want it to connect automatically.
Stan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Suggest turning Bluetooth off on your phone before you get to your car. Don't think there's any other option. Maybe try leaving it on Radio when you leave and see what happens...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Itsmemegic, it may be my only option, kind of tiresome though. Seems like one should have the option to connect or not.

·
Super Moderator
1,619 Posts
It's been a long time since I set up Pam's Bluetooth but I thought it enabled two different phones. The primary phone connects automatically but if you select secondary device it does not. That was on a 2017 with Carplay and Android interfaces.

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
Yes Wayne, that's the way the 2018 works as well. The secondary phone assignment will only manually affiliate.

Actually the primary auto-enable can be a bit of a nuisance tho'. If I start the GLA in the garage and my wife is on her phone in the kitchen it connects the conversation until I get out of BT range.

·
601 Posts
You can deauthorize the phone you do not want to connect Go to Telephone on your display tap the console button back and you will get a menu on the bottom of the screen. Scroll to Options and click on it. It will then display all phones connected to the car. scroll down to the phone you want to remove and then scroll all the way over to the right and click on the far right icon. It will bring up a menu where you can deauthorize the phone.

Reactions: cinstan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody know how to set the Bluetooth to "manually" connect? I think it gave me that option during the pairing process but I deleted the phone and started fresh, didn't see the option.
Stan
You need to look in your phones blue tooth section. Look for "Mercedes Benz" or "MB Bluetooth." Then click on the "circle i" icon. Then click on "forget this device."

·
Registered
144 Posts
Stan
But why would you, given the fines you can get for even touching a phone incar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
ALL bluetooth devices, once paired, will be automatically connected. This is the protocol and you cannot change it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts