Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellas - i just took delivery of my 16' GLA45 today and cant stress how happy i am with it. Coming out of a 600whp BMW 335i i cant help but miss the intoxicating sound of the blow off valves i had on it.

Does anyone have any experience with installing some on these cars? Any advice is appreciated.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Whats up fellas - i just took delivery of my 16' GLA45 today and cant stress how happy i am with it. Coming out of a 600whp BMW 335i i cant help but miss the intoxicating sound of the blow off valves i had on it.

Does anyone have any experience with installing some on these cars? Any advice is appreciated.

Chris
I have been looking at options for adding a blow off valve, but read somewhere that the 2016s have an electronically controlled one. The pictures you find on the web are for 2014-2015 where the slot for it is capped off. I looked at my 2016 GLA45 tonight and indeed there is blow off valve already installed. So, if you need to add that intoxicating sound, you may be messing with ECU controls and will probably get a CEL.

I personally was worried about turbo stress given the 26 psi pressure in the AMGs and now not so concerned anymore. As for the sounds, I love the S+ sounds with the sports/AMG exhaust a lot more than the woosh sound personally.

Reactions: Right_mr

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have been looking at options for adding a blow off valve, but read somewhere that the 2016s have an electronically controlled one. The pictures you find on the web are for 2014-2015 where the slot for it is capped off. I looked at my 2016 GLA45 tonight and indeed there is blow off valve already installed. So, if you need to add that intoxicating sound, you may be messing with ECU controls and will probably get a CEL.

I personally was worried about turbo stress given the 26 psi pressure in the AMGs and now not so concerned anymore. As for the sounds, I love the S+ sounds with the sports/AMG exhaust a lot more than the woosh sound personally.
This is accurate, the 16+ have a BOV controlled by the ECU so its going to be more than just hardware. only the 15 will fit the rebellion Valve.

As much as people complaint about road noise on the GLA, the cabin does a good job of muting the exhaust true sound. For fun, if you havent done so, try driving your 45 with the rear seats folded down.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I only drive with rears down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts