Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you increase the sound for the Blind Side Alert. Sometimes when I have my radio ,or music on, It is not loud enough.! Please help anyone

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I don't have blind spot alert on my 2015 GLA, but wonder if what I did to resolve a problem with Becker Map Pilot might help.

I noticed that the Becker audio directions were too quiet to hear over music, but couldn't find anything in the manual that addressed volume change. By trial and error I finally figured out that you could change the Map Pilot audio volume ONLY when it was making an announcement. Once the volume adjust was made it would be at that volume from then on until you changed the volume during a future announcement.

Try this:
1. Turn your music volume to a relatively low setting
2. Drive into a position where the blind spot warning will activate
3. While blind spot warning is on, use the steering wheel volume button to increase sound level

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have blind spot alert on my 2015 GLA, but wonder if what I did to resolve a problem with Becker Map Pilot might help.

I noticed that the Becker audio directions were too quiet to hear over music, but couldn't find anything in the manual that addressed volume change. By trial and error I finally figured out that you could change the Map Pilot audio volume ONLY when it was making an announcement. Once the volume adjust was made it would be at that volume from then on until you changed the volume during a future announcement.

Try this:
1. Turn your music volume to a relatively low setting
2. Drive into a position where the blind spot warning will activate
3. While blind spot warning is on, use the steering wheel volume button to increase sound level
I think that won't work because the beep sound not coming from the radio.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I don't get an audible alert. Where do you turn it on?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't think there is any sound, just the red arrow in the mirror. I did try to turn volume louder using the volume control when it was on with no results (this works for nav). Then it dawned on me that it's on a lot when you're driving and a sound would probably be too much. If you're not going to change lanes it doesn't matter, if you are you should be looking at the mirror nd if you don't see the vehicle in the adjacent lane then you should see the red arrow, that's what the system is designed for.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I would like the option of having a little beep just as it turns on. I find that when someone is coming up to pass fairly rapidly, by the time the red signal comes on and I see it, it might be too late. The one that drives me crazy is either Attention Assist or Collision Attention Assist Plus. One of them makes the alert noise and flashes a warning in the instrument cluster, seemingly at random.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thanks for that info. Is it the same sound and signal that the Attention Assist and Collision Protection use? I guess I haven't used the turn signal when someone is in the blind spot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree that it can be hard to hear with the stereo on. Fortunately I am usually looking at my mirrors in this case and the marker lights indicate whether something is there. That does take a while to get used to, though. I'm not used to looking for light-up indicators in my mirrors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The blind spot assist does make a beep that is quite loud, provided that it is working. When I bought my car I did not initially notice that not only was the audible alert for the blind spot assist not working (the visual alerts were), but neither was the audible alert for my turn signals. It wasn't until they both started to randomly work one day that I realized. Since then, at random, all of my audible alerts - collision assist, opening my door, turn signal, blind spot etc, work sporadically. I have taken it back to my dealer but they were working by the time they saw it so they couldn't find anything to explain the issue. Very annoying

1 - 10 of 10 Posts