Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BimmerGuru software for unlocking video in motion is available for all Mercedes-Benz cars with the COMAND Online navigation unit

Has anyone tried this software

I wouldnt mind it for long trips where there isnt much traffic, it would be absolute stupidity to use in city traffic or on a busy freeway
We take 4 to 5 hour trips where the traffic is pretty quiet and i wouldnt mind if my wife watched a movie to pass the time. Personally i do Sudoku while we watch a movie at home and glance at the screen occasionally so it wouldnt be a distraction to me (i might struggle if Krystal Boyd popped up on the screen though :eek:)

any thoughts ?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not tried it but certainly has appealing features… such as internet browsing and destination input on navi while in motion. Of course, doing such is not recommended being done by the driver :rolleyes:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Job done....I have only given it a quick test and it seems to work great
Changing satnav while on the go should be great as well ...:D
The aussie $ hurt a bit though..:eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
which one did you buy olmate? BimmerGuru or DVDInMotion?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The DVD in motion didn't mention anything about defaulting to eco off that I could find, does it support that functionality?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The Guru version is hardware based and does include the ability to default to eco off which I suppose describes its greatest strength and weakness versus this solution at least to me. I hate the stop/start so that is a strong attraction but taking apart the dash isn't any fun mostly because it seems in my experience to open up the possibility of new rattles or squeaks. This one on the other hand gives up the eco off but is software based removing the potential dash squeaks from the equation. Hmmm....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The DVD in motion didn't mention anything about defaulting to eco off that I could find, does it support that functionality?

No it doesnt, I emailed them with the question and the answer-:Unfortunately we can't do this because the ECO function is encoded in different unit. This unit coding can't be accessed from the navigation and therefore we don't have a way to load the software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I ordered the software. Furnished them with all the info they needed. My vehicle has different software in it and they can't write a bug free program. They refunded my money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I ordered the software. Furnished them with all the info they needed. My vehicle has different software in it and they can't write a bug free program. They refunded my money.
beakdog, which vehicle do you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any side effects by using the software to disable those restrictions? Does it disable anything else?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any side effects by using the software to disable those restrictions? Does it disable anything else?
If you can't find the answer here, asking a service advisor from a dealership might get you the answer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts