Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!

we just bought a 2015 GLA 250 4Matic today, and I do agree the throttle response leaves something to be desired.

I've read a few threads talking about how installing a Sprint Booster module on the gas pedal can help significantly. the problem I face is where to buy one. a Google search of "Mercedes GLA Sprint Booster" gives results containing a myriad of sites claiming to be legitimate sellers of Sprint Booster modules, but which is the most reputable site?

I'm hoping someone who has bought one for their GLA can point me to a legitimate site where they had a good experience.

Thank you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought directly from Sprint Booster (go to their site)....$289...best money spent....cured all the ills of the gas peddle....very quick and linear now...I previously installed the device on my E Coupe 350...did wonders for that car too...don't hesitate, well worth the money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought directly from Sprint Booster (go to their site)....$289...best money spent....cured all the ills of the gas peddle....very quick and linear now...I previously installed the device on my E Coupe 350...did wonders for that car too...don't hesitate, well worth the money.

thanks for the reply bghart!! I'd be most happy to buy direct from them, but I can tell which site is THEIR site. can you give me the URL for the site you bought from, please?

thanks again!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Are there any warranty issues with Sprint Booster?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are there any warranty issues with Sprint Booster?

@Fbsdmd - my understanding is that the SprintBooster module doesn't in any way invalidate the factory warranty, as it's simply a plug n play module that you can easily take off if you need to take your GLA in for warranty work.

and from my understanding, the same is true of a piggyback ECU module :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k - so I reached out to the maker of the Sprint Booster to see if I could determine the "proper" site to buy the module from for our new GLA - and they told me the site to use (if you're shipping to a US address) is:

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/

I hope this helps someone!

·
Registered
608 Posts
When I put my car in S-sport mode, I get essentially no lag. I can't imagine another device that could improve on this. Is it possible that sport mode is doing the same thing as SprintBooster?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I put my car in S-sport mode, I get essentially no lag. I can't imagine another device that could improve on this. Is it possible that sport mode is doing the same thing as SprintBooster?
i notice a bit less throttle lag when i'm in Sport mode, but I still notice some. i've read several threads where people rave about the SprintBooster's effect. i figure i'll try it, and if i'm not impressed, i'll either return it to them or sell it to someone else...but i will keep trying to squeeze every bit of responsiveness & power i can out of this car :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'll be waiting to hear how you do. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be waiting to hear how you do. Thanks.
My pleasure!! I'll also try to shoot a li'l how to install video (or maybe a series of photos) when I get it. It should be here by Tuesday (3/8) I do believe.

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts