Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New here, but so what? I recently purchased a used certified 2018 GLA 4matic and would like to install a hitch to carry my bicycle. I would like the hitch to be as hidden as possible. That said, could anyone recommend which of the following would suit my needs the best: Curt 13197, Hidden Hitch 90072, or the pricey ($600) Stealth X156 ?
Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your first selection of curt 13197 will fit. It's not hidden but is a solid choice, and I recently installed the same hitch on my car. I ordered from Etrailer for the 3rd time for three different vehicles and can vouch for their professionalism. Plus, they have pretty explicit installation instructions on their website, in the event you decide to do a self install. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Mercedes-Benz/GLA/2019/C13197.html?VehicleID=201930912

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
Water leakage can be a problem. Use the search tool to view multiple threads regarding hitches. Take the time to evaluate options and methods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Water leakage can be a problem. Use the search tool to view multiple threads regarding hitches. Take the time to evaluate options and methods.
I would think if the gasket between the bumper and the hitch is kept intact, water leakage wouldn't be an issue. I made sure to restore the gasket and used sealer between the hitch and body panel, as well as between the bumper and hitch. We've had some pretty heavy rain and I've not had a water leak.

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
You did it correctly. Early adopters of the hitch didn't always do this and they had some problems with rusting from the inside out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
where does water leak from and to? I didn't see any of this when I was installing my hitch frame...

No rain here yet, but have gone through the carwash, no leaks... that I can see...

·
Super Moderator
1,699 Posts
Look into ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts