Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2000 Ford Expedition and still have it since new. It's beat to **** now but still runs very well.

What an incredible contrast, big, lumbering and gas guzzling vs GLA45 precision and otherworldly performance.

Anyone else go from a less than perfect car to the GLA45?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not exactly my daily driver, but I had a '98 Ford Explorer as my beater/dog/lumber runs kind of truck, but I also had an '05 C class as my daily driver. I decided to get rid of both and just have the GLA as it could do both the daily drives and with the hatch and racks would work for picking up a few 2x4s or whatever I needed from the lumber yard.
For me, the contrast was from both cars...way faster and sportier than either, but also not as luxury minded as the C240 or as rugged and big as the Ford.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I bought a 2000 Ford Expedition and still have it since new. It's beat to **** now but still runs very well.

What an incredible contrast, big, lumbering and gas guzzling vs GLA45 precision and otherworldly performance.

Anyone else go from a less than perfect car to the GLA45?
Welcome Ricke, enjoy the new car smell.... and enjoy your 45.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes! The drive, and of course the smell. They could bottle that and make millions.

I had been looking for a car for some time, but just wasn't able to warm up to any of them for a multitude of reasons. It was when I read about the GLA that I became interested.

The drive; I am finding now that it is a Mercedes thing. While driving, I'm taking problem solving to the next level, if that makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts