Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!
I am planning to replace my GLA OEM dead battery with a new one (probably Bosch or Varta). Is there any problem if I do it myself or do I have to go to offical service to do some programming after installing new battery? I have read on the internet that BMW users had to tow car to service to do some programing.
Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello there!
I am planning to replace my GLA OEM dead battery with a new one (probably Bosch or Varta). Is there any problem if I do it myself or do I have to go to offical service to do some programming after installing new battery? I have read on the internet that BMW users had to tow car to service to do some programing.
Thanks!
I had mine changed last week at my local Autozone in my 2015 GLA 250 4MATIC. It took the guy less than ten minutes as I was standing over his shoulder watching. I’d go early on a weekday when they are not busy. I purchased a Duralast H6-AGM for $199. I would not recommend doing it yourself since the core is about 30 lbs and you might kill your back taking it out. No programming required just adjusting the clock after the new one was installed. One thing was that my ECO function did not work as supposed and with the new one it just started operating again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My auxillary battery was changed three week ago. I kept ignoring the dashboard message for three weeks and finally a message appear not to drive as there was a problem with the transmission. I had the car towed to the dealer. The dealer insisted two problems needed to be fixed with transmission. I knew they were trying to scam me. But I insisted to change the auxiliary battery and problem was fixed. Now my main battery has died. I will not go to the dealer for this. I went to Mercedes Benz web site to find out what replacement battery I can use and went to Autozone and have battery replaced.
You can also change your auxilliary battery if you want. There are you tube instruction on how to replace it. Its very simple its a small battery located in front of the passenger seat. I should have known this but I did not. I honestly thought there was a problem with the transmission. Do your homework. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts