Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys in Australia, I finally found a way of importing speed camera's to the comand unit.If you go onto the Mercedes- Benz CLA world forums >Mercedes CLA Australia > (release) speed camera POI... A guy by the name of demki has done all the work including easy to follow instructions. I downloaded them last night and it imported the files straight away, have not tried it yet but I don't see a problem with it working.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have camera's on poles / bridges/ intersections and cars, and if you speed it activates and then takes a picture of your numberplate and in about a week you get a fine in the mail. The government say it is a safety issue, motorists say it is a revenue raiser (they make millions $).By importing this points of interest, a noise and a pic of a camera indicates a fixed speed camera ahead.Nearly all tom toms etc over here have them included, but MB apparently didn't want a law suit (pending) so won't include them or want anything to do with them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Using the SCDB Mercedes Command file seems to work well

Hey guys in Australia, I finally found a way of importing speed camera's to the comand unit.If you go onto the Mercedes- Benz CLA world forums >Mercedes CLA Australia > (release) speed camera POI... A guy by the name of demki has done all the work including easy to follow instructions. I downloaded them last night and it imported the files straight away, have not tried it yet but I don't see a problem with it working.
Hi folks.

I found the Aussie speed cameras are included in the ones at SCDB.info - Die weltweite Blitzerdatenbank . The Mercedes / Command Online download is hidden (it's in the DE language version -- just use Google Translate to help you read it). Costs Euro 9.99 (or FREE if you join in their GPS campaign SCDB.info - The Worldwide Speed Camera Database -- just check for any missing speed cameras near you, and "dob" them in).

When I tried demki's methods, I didn't get the importing message. But when I tried the SCDB method (which is roughly the same anyway), I got the importing message. Go figure! The SCDB file is updated daily they claim, and is ready to go, just copy it to the SD card. No needing to massage the data yourself.

You do have to keep the SD card in your dash though; at least, that was my experience with a 2015 GLA 250. And if your SD card is a colour other than black (e.g. blue, grey etc.), you may want to colour the leading edge with a permanent marker or similar, so it doesn't scream out "I've got an SD card in the dash".

Hope that helps someone else...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts