Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Audi Q3 vs. Mercedes-Benz GLA

11510 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  butterfield
A little compare and contrast between the Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA should be fun. I've started us out with some quick facts and pics on both. Please add more info and give your expert opinion.

Mercedes-Benz GLA

- 54 mpg.
- Choice of two gasoline and two diesel 4-cylinder engines with HP between 136 and 211.
- Fastest GLA (250 4MATIC) will go 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds.
- Options include: lane and parking assist, collision prevention (standard,) load compartment package.

Audi Q3

- 32-45 mpg depending on the engine.
- Choice of 4 engines: 2 TFSI units and 2 TDI engines. HP between 140 and 211.
- Fastest Q3 will go 0-62 mph in 6.9 seconds.
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I'll take the GLA Diesel.

Not a fan of Audis in general. Too expensive to maintain and their cars do not feel as refined and comfortable as Mercedes. I much prefer Mercedes interior designs.

Plus the Q3 is just plain ugly.

50 cent called - he wants his car back.
See less See more
Really really like the rear fender arches on the GLA, it gives it a rather subtle and sexy coke bottle shape, the Q3 looks bland and about 5 years out of trend.

P.S that chocolate covered GLA looks absurdly good.
I will give the Q3 points on its headlights. They remind me of the new Camaro's. The front grille is pretty aggressive, and I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. The rest of it just looks pretty ordinary. I think the GLA wins on the interior too. not that the Q3 is bad; it is just not anything special.

The Audi may win on driving experience though because the GLA is based off the CLA and the CLA hasn't been getting the best reviews.
Just found out that the Q3 will come standard with a 6 speed manual. Pretty cool considering manuals are disappearing from option lists. Audi makes excellent cars but that Q3 just seems lifeless compared to the flowing design of the GLA.

I think what will be interesting is seeing how these designs have held up in 5 years time. Nothing worse than building on a trend only to have it slip away the next year.
Just found out that the Q3 will come standard with a 6 speed manual. Pretty cool considering manuals are disappearing from option lists. Audi makes excellent cars but that Q3 just seems lifeless compared to the flowing design of the GLA.

I think what will be interesting is seeing how these designs have held up in 5 years time. Nothing worse than building on a trend only to have it slip away the next year.
Just like how manuals are phasing out from the industry the demand for them has shrunk, especially in the SUV/CUV range. I could care less for a manual transmission.
Just like how manuals are phasing out from the industry the demand for them has shrunk, especially in the SUV/CUV range. I could care less for a manual transmission.
LOL depends where you spend your time, spend any time on jalopnik and the community demands manuals on EVERYTHING. my frist car was a 4 cyl ford escape with an M5, a blast to drive especially in the winter.

You could care less, but others could care more..
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.