Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little compare and contrast between the Audi Q3 and the Mercedes-Benz GLA should be fun. I've started us out with some quick facts and pics on both. Please add more info and give your expert opinion.

Mercedes-Benz GLA

- 54 mpg.
- Choice of two gasoline and two diesel 4-cylinder engines with HP between 136 and 211.
- Fastest GLA (250 4MATIC) will go 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds.
- Options include: lane and parking assist, collision prevention (standard,) load compartment package.

Audi Q3

- 32-45 mpg depending on the engine.
- Choice of 4 engines: 2 TFSI units and 2 TDI engines. HP between 140 and 211.
- Fastest Q3 will go 0-62 mph in 6.9 seconds.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll take the GLA Diesel.

Not a fan of Audis in general. Too expensive to maintain and their cars do not feel as refined and comfortable as Mercedes. I much prefer Mercedes interior designs.

Plus the Q3 is just plain ugly.

50 cent called - he wants his car back.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Really really like the rear fender arches on the GLA, it gives it a rather subtle and sexy coke bottle shape, the Q3 looks bland and about 5 years out of trend.

P.S that chocolate covered GLA looks absurdly good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will give the Q3 points on its headlights. They remind me of the new Camaro's. The front grille is pretty aggressive, and I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. The rest of it just looks pretty ordinary. I think the GLA wins on the interior too. not that the Q3 is bad; it is just not anything special.

The Audi may win on driving experience though because the GLA is based off the CLA and the CLA hasn't been getting the best reviews.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just found out that the Q3 will come standard with a 6 speed manual. Pretty cool considering manuals are disappearing from option lists. Audi makes excellent cars but that Q3 just seems lifeless compared to the flowing design of the GLA.

I think what will be interesting is seeing how these designs have held up in 5 years time. Nothing worse than building on a trend only to have it slip away the next year.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just found out that the Q3 will come standard with a 6 speed manual. Pretty cool considering manuals are disappearing from option lists. Audi makes excellent cars but that Q3 just seems lifeless compared to the flowing design of the GLA.

I think what will be interesting is seeing how these designs have held up in 5 years time. Nothing worse than building on a trend only to have it slip away the next year.
Just like how manuals are phasing out from the industry the demand for them has shrunk, especially in the SUV/CUV range. I could care less for a manual transmission.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just like how manuals are phasing out from the industry the demand for them has shrunk, especially in the SUV/CUV range. I could care less for a manual transmission.
LOL depends where you spend your time, spend any time on jalopnik and the community demands manuals on EVERYTHING. my frist car was a 4 cyl ford escape with an M5, a blast to drive especially in the winter.

You could care less, but others could care more..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts