Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I fire up the car (a 2016 GLA250 that I took delivery on 11/30/15) to go to work last Tuesday and I get this message on my display: "Anti-theft protection activated. Please visit your Mercedes Benz dealer." This message satyed on for my entire 1-hour commute, so not even radio to distract me from the problem. Anyway, I called the dealership and made an appointment to take it in that afternoon. The message had cleared by time I got in the car to make the trip home, but they advised me to keep my appointment as they were concerned that the message could return. Well, that was a week ago. The problem still has not been resolved. I was told today that they were still working with MB engineers to try to figure out why I got the message so they could fix the issue.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE... Mercedes US couldn't find the problem, so it's been set to Germany. The problem hasn't resurfaced, but I hope they can figure it out what led to the inadvertent anti-theft system activation.

I'm concerned now that there's a broader issue with the electronics in the car. Today I got a message telling me that the Collision Prevention Assist Plus system is inoperative. I tried turning it off and then back on, but I still get the message when I start the car. I have an appointment to take it in again for service next week :(

The car still has less than 5,000 miles. I hope this isn't an indication that I'l always have issues with the electronics in the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts