Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mercedes-Benz to introduce new App: Guided all the way: Mercedes-Benz is one of the first to introduce Door-to-Door Navigation with Apple Watch

May 15, 2015

Stuttgart/Sunnyvale. Mercedes-Benz creates an intelligent integration between Apple Watch and Mercedes-Benz vehicles with its new MB Companion App. The MB Companion App allows Mercedes-Benz costumers to search for directions on the Apple Watch or on iPhone initiating a complete door-to-door experience. A seamless integration unfolds: giving walking directions to the car on the Apple Watch, driving directions on the vehicle navigation system and again walking directions on the Apple Watch from the car to the final destination.

The destination that the driver selects on Apple Watch is passed to Mercedes-Benz COMAND Online once the driver starts the vehicle. He then receives safe and non-distracting driving directions to his selected destination from Mercedes-Benz navigation. When the driver parks and leaves his car, Apple Watch gives him walking directions to the final destination making it the perfect guide for "Last Mile Navigation".

The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class and S-Class vehicles equipped with COMAND Online will be able to work with the MB Companion App as of fall this year. Further models will follow soon. By then, the MB Companion App will also enable drivers to find vehicle information such as Fuel Level, Range, Maintenance Code, and Odometer Readings on Apple Watch.

Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) – the agile innovation center in Silicon Valley has worked together with Daimler development experts from Sindelfingen to enable Mercedes-Benz to make this new Door-to-Door navigation available for customers. With its culture of collaboration, networking, innovation and creativity, Mercedes-Benz's team in Silicon Valley established a track record in integrating Silicon Valley innovations into vehicles.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Meh. I just got my watch today and I'm looking forward to an MB watch app that lets me do all the things the iOS app does. I'm also looking for a DroneMobile remote starter app.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't really think that the Apple watch is is worth it, but I am curious to see the car apps for it. I know that some companies have valet systems in their cars that will park and deliver your car to you. Having that in your watch would be very useful, but really not that much more useful than having to take out your phone instead.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't really think that the Apple watch is is worth it, but I am curious to see the car apps for it. I know that some companies have valet systems in their cars that will park and deliver your car to you. Having that in your watch would be very useful, but really not that much more useful than having to take out your phone instead.
I had my doubts too, but after a couple days, I really like mine. I think it will become indispensable over time. I too am looking toward to the car oriented apps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anybody gotten this to work?

I had my car at the dealer for the check engine light and asked them to update the stereo. They said I had the latest updates... but this app still won't work.

Mine was mfg. post October 2015 as the requirement states. However, they don't list the GLA as upgradeable, but it is listed under the mfg. post June 2016 list.

I hope they don't pass us by.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts