Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Apple's CarPlay for a couple weeks now, but last weekend it just disappeared. It would appear when I connected my phone, but no longer does so.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to fix it? I gave the phone a hard reboot - did not solve the issue.

Coincidentally, I had just decided I liked Apple CarPlay. I started listening to Serial podcasts and without CarPlay I can still listen to them, but I need to handle the phone to queue up the next podcast when one finishes now - not safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it's back

I took the car to MB service and the tech plugged in his phone, went to "settings" on the iPhone, searched CarPlay, turned it to "on" and CarPlay appeared.

My phone already had been synced, not sure why the car stopped recognizing it, but we did the same thing with my phone again and now CarPlay works. My best guess is that something happened, an update perhaps on the phone, and I needed to re-activate CarPlay on the phone.

All good now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine has just stopped working. I am hoping it is a faulty cable as it tends to get pinched in the armrest if you do not have it placed properly. If that's not it I will need to do more research!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts