Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
how do i find out if i have apple car play? 2015 gla 45 i have.
Thank you,

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Don't think you have it, as it was not an option on US production GLAs until those built on or after 1 Dec 2015. My 2016 GLA has the menu option for it but not the wiring nor capability, built in early September 2015. If you search on older threads about CarPlay you'll find efforts on retrofits and workarounds that were successful and those that were not. Good luck!

·
Registered
222 Posts
related: I don't have the Apple CarPlay option-available for my October 2015 built MY2016 Audi TTS. Must be something to do with US DOT approvals for imports in that time period. In the case of the Audi there's now a $500 dealer retrofit available so I would think Benz would have similar.

Don't think you have it, as it was not an option on US production GLAs until those built on or after 1 Dec 2015. My 2016 GLA has the menu option for it but not the wiring nor capability, built in early September 2015. If you search on older threads about CarPlay you'll find efforts on retrofits and workarounds that were successful and those that were not. Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea, I paid for the retrofit too. (MY2016, manf date 10/15). The replaced some physical hardware and did the software flash.

It works like a charm now and I think i paid $300 or so to have them do it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yea, I paid for the retrofit too. (MY2016, manf date 10/15). The replaced some physical hardware and did the software flash.

It works like a charm now and I think i paid $300 or so to have them do it.
Same here, best/reliable you can do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts