Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Short answer is no. But it’s not that simple.

Officially US production GLAs built after 1 December 2015 (MY 2016) were the first compatible by design for production installation or retro-fit. After that there’s extensive discussion from many perspectives of what can be done. There is a retro-fit kit dealers can install, but for me it would have been cost prohibitive and the possibility of collateral damage in installation. Plus I would have been their beta tester with no promise of success. Also, the MB solution requires the multimedia package installed, which others here have gotten around.

That said, if you search on Apple CarPlay in our Search function you’ll find a lot of experience from folks who found some workarounds, as well as folks who tried and gave up frustrated.

The graphic you attached...be careful in your evaluation of an approach like that. The law of unintended consequences is always in play.

·
Registered
140 Posts
No, but you need to have a firmware from Nov 2016, with a 2015 you don't have it.

Dealer retrofit activation is your only option. I was in the same situation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a MY2016 car with manf. date November 2015. The chinese gizmo did not work for me, however taking it to the dealer and paying $300 did the job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a MY2016 car with manf. date November 2015. The chinese gizmo did not work for me, however taking it to the dealer and paying $300 did the job.
Hi, I also have a November 2015 build with a 2016 model year car. Does yours have the multimedia package that enabled you to get the CarPlay retrofit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts