Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Super Moderator
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Here were my laps in Yellow group, my inside pad on my right front went down to metal and melted my caliper boots, my foot went to the floor with 600' at 100+ mph to go at 16:50. You will notice I downshifted then pitched the car sideways to scrub off the speed. Still a lot of traffic and looking to hit my 1:43 theoretical times.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm not the fastest driver, but fun was had.

Added a catted downpipe and swapped out my piggyback for a weistec w.2 tune. I feel it's too much power for this track. It's not like Buttonwillow or Laguna with many long straights. I had visions of water-meth and eventually w.3, but I'm having second thoughts. It's really enough power, even on 91.

We'll see if I still feel that way after a 105 degree day at Buttonwillow, but for now I'm pleased and feel the money needs to be spent upgrading the driver :)

up next, Laguna! (but I don't know when)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sears Point Raceway, it's known today as Sonoma Raceway, previously Infineon Raceway. One of the most famous tracks in California. Particularly "the carousel" feature, the sweeper in the middle there. Tons of elevation change and features that unweight the car to make it a hard track including bunches of walls, especially hard for a newbie like me. A really good instructor helped a bunch!

The esses were diabolical. They felt so good when the line was nailed at low speed, then I'd increase speed 5-10 mph and I was all over the place. repeatedly. The difference between cake and undriveable. Totally unlike any other turn I've driven.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, I have taken my GLA45 on the track (Laguna Seca) a few times now. I am going back on July 2nd. This will be the first time I go with not only all my new upgrades but while everything appears to be working well together and FINALLY no CEL issues!

MY Car:
2015 GLA45
Weistech w.3 Turbo w/lava blanket
Weistech custom tune (35PSI boost)
AMS Intake
PLM charge cooler
PLM DP
H&R Springs
H&R Sway bars (getting installed F+R this weekend)
Brembo discs and pads (F&R)
Michelin PS4 tires

Anyone else track their cars? I will post some videos after the race.

It's fun to see how few street cars can hang with the GLA45, but then again I think many of the drivers on the track are a bit conservative, its like they go just to say they went, while I push it to the extreme limits, hoping ill be able to drive it home at the end of the day.
I’ve found these forums are more geared towards posting problems and issues versus discussion around things like track days in the recent times. Seems like all the real enthusiasts from the first couple years either moved on from the forums, the car, or both… that said I’m sure there’s some people left that do motorsports and hopefully you can get a discussion going.

I autocross mine, a little hesitant to do a full track day tbh…

View attachment 26813
View attachment 26815 View attachment 26814
Don’t hesitate to track it. Just take that engine cover off and you’ll be fine in 100 degree heat. I have track my 2016 GLA45(dynamic plus) w/ Renntech HHT 8 times. Once at Thunderhill 5mile(+-110F), twice at Sonoma, and 5 times at Laguna. With thanks to my Brembo BBKs in the front I have put down 1:47.4 at Laguna(videos on YouTube)

121 - 132 of 132 Posts