Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
You can order them on Ebay. Will bolt right on, however, you will have to pull the bumper.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've seen at least one "how to" on this and, as Boris states, you would need to pull the bumper. It did not appear to be a super easy drop in replacement from what I recall

SOLD: '99 ML320 | '01 C320 SPORT | '02 ML320 | '05 E500
'15 GLA250 - SPORT, PREMIUM, MULTIMEDIA, PANORAMA, BI-XENON

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I'll see if there's any workaround to avoid un-buttoning the bumper next week when i test fit the new headlights. It would behoove me to at least state that if they didn't see a workaround on the GLA that completed the grill-swap, then there likely is no other way.
:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll see if there's any workaround to avoid un-buttoning the bumper next week when i test fit the new headlights. It would behoove me to at least state that if they didn't see a workaround on the GLA that completed the grill-swap, then there likely is no other way.
:(
Thanks Boris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes only way is to remove the bumper. Photo showing AMG canards fitted to bumper as well. I used 3M tape for this.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need a new mesh which comes in two parts the the twin-blade AMG grille plus two other parts which are supplied in the kit. The existing star is reused. An hours labour was charged by my dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Here's one for you???
My amg is on order but love the diamond grill of the 250 (only available on a250 and cla 250)
I would be happy to swap grille if they did that grill on the gla 250
Maybe aftermarket in the future?

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Here's one for you???
My amg is on order but love the diamond grill of the 250 (only available on a250 and cla 250)
I would be happy to swap grille if they did that grill on the gla 250
Maybe aftermarket in the future?
Not sure if it will be a direct swap from the CLA to GLA, but you might want to wait it out to see if MB might make one available for the GLA... seems like they want to grow the availability of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need a new mesh which comes in two parts the the twin-blade AMG grille plus two other parts which are supplied in the kit. The existing star is reused. An hours labour was charged by my dealer.

Very nice. That's what I wanted.
Likely need to take it to repair shop to do it, as you know, in Hong Kong, we do not have garage at home, we only have a parking space under our apartment, not able to do it in such limited space.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts