Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Any Good Websites/Places for Blacked Out Emblem?

Tags
badging
3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Psycho29GLA 
#1 ·
I'm looking around some places online for blackout emblems for my 2015 GLA250 4matic. Preferably I want one with 3M stick-on. Anyone got any reliable websites to purchase them at?

#3 ·
The ones from eBay or the like are probably your best bet. They’re pretty close to the OEM badges but still a little bit of a dip in quality IMO. Usually the eBay/aftermarket ones have more rounded edges and are a different ABS plastic vs the originals.

I did it on my old 45 and decided not to do it on my new one because it honestly made it feel cheap taking off my factory AMG badge and putting on an inferior aftermarket one. Kinda felt like I was upbadging a 250... Anyway, I think the best thing to create something OEM+ would be to take all the badges off, airbrush them black, and replace.

AMG also started offering night package plus which includes the badges black from the factory.

#5 ·
Yea they came out geat airbrushed, I purchased some off eBay and ill see how they look when I receive them. they were not expensive so if they don't come out the best ill just probably spend my money on spaying them black. Also, the 45 looks so good in that color spec! I'm from NY too

#7 ·
I've been meaning to do mine for a while, I haven't gotten around to it- I plan to take a heat gun, heat up the badge a bit, take some dental floss and remove the badges by cutting behind the 3M tape with the floss. Cleaning them up, removing the residue 3M on the back and scuffing up the chrome surface a bit with a 3M Scotchbrite pad, hitting it with some paint, probably a primer first and then a matte Black paint. Making new 3M adhesive parts for the back and then applying. I also may leave the "GL" off, and just keep it as "A 45" like the European ones- I previously purchased a black AMG badge for the rear, and when I got it, it was the old logo where the front ligature of the "A" was not slanted-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.