Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone resolved this issue? Is so, please share. I have a 2017 GLA45 (35k miles) that immediately after my 30k tranny service this problem started. I see others have had the issue at all sorts of mileage levels so I don't know if the service is related.

What I'm wondering is the solution. Please share details if you can. I'm so sick of dealers who are lazy and say they can't replicate the problem. I'm going to speak with the service manager at the dealer here in Scottsdale as a next plan.

But it would be great if anyone can share resolution.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this issue and while my car was under warranty was able to get them to replace the whole transmission. There are a number of videos demonstrating the problem to show the dealership. For me, it only happened when cold. The dealer was able to replicate the problem once so they are able to submit to MB for replacement. FYI -its an 11k USD, for the work if not under warranty, but I would argue this is a known problem they should make good on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the feedback. It only happens when cold with me too. Is it all possible that this has to do with the electric rear brake release? Since I have been manually releasing the rear brake before putting it in reverse, I have not heard the grind. I know that you should just be able to put it into reverse (even with the handbrake on) and then step on the gas and it should auto-release. I have absolutely zero issues with the transmission shifting. It's all when cold and trying to get the rear brake to auto-release.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is a known defect and not easily fixed. I had to show the problem was more widespread than what MB wanted to admit. When they finally agreed to fix it they acted like they were doing me a favor. Dont let them get away with NOT replacing the whole transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts