Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , just got a 2018 GLA 200 AMG edition and the 19" alloys have some lacquer peel , the car is not 3 years old yet will a Mercedes dealer do a warranty claim still if i did not get it from them ? Full Mercedes history with only 18,000 miles .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all , just got a 2018 GLA 200 AMG edition and the 19" alloys have some lacquer peel , the car is not 3 years old yet will a Mercedes dealer do a warranty claim still if i did not get it from them ? Full Mercedes history with only 18,000 miles .
You do not have to purchase the vehicle from a Mercedes dealer the warranty follows the vehicle and as long as it is under factory coverage you can bring it to any Mercedes dealer in the entire country and they will be required to honor it as long as it is a defect in the materials or workmanship of the coating or paint they may attribute it to someone using the wrong type of chemical on the wheel which can cause that if they can determine it is done by external sources other than defects and we paint materials or prep work they will not warranty the item doesn't matter what type of car it is if it's due to customer to collect and not due to defects in materials or workmanship they will not replace it under warranty keep in mind if they will not do that you can get those Wheels powder coated in a color of your choice and you can get the entire set of floor done for less than $100 each reason I know this is because I have twenties on my Ang and they have the matte finish on them which is basically a clear coat that is textured you can imagine that everything but roadkill sticks to them and is very hard to maintain and keep clean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts