Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love those pedals. They came stock on my GLA250 Edition 1. Nice mod. BTW, I bought a second set of floor carpets for the summer after the original ones were ruined. I'll swap them when the snow starts to fly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I did that mod on my CLA. They are great. You can get OEM right off Ebay. I remember having to man handle the brake pedal a bit to get it on but well worth it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I never really liked the rubber mats they get dirty so easily. All my cars I just kept the carpet ones and just toss it in the wash to make it clean again. Those pedals look really good I want to do the same thing too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is the brake pedal the same size as the rubber or by chance slightly more narrow? If same size, when fitting any chance of offsetting it slightly (say 1/4" to 1/2")? I find my feet are just wide enough that I hit the brake lightly whenever on throttle. It's already listed as a safety complaint with the feds - not that I expect any changes. But when it gets warm again I may try to mod the pedal myself a la box cutter (evil grin).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Peeti, the brake pedal is the exact same size as the rubber one. The only difference is that it's slightly thicker with the little rubber nubs. This was a great mod and super cheap and easy for quite a difference. I find the rubber nubs on these are very sticky in wet weather when your soles are still dripping.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The sticky isn't the problem for me - I had a c63 before so I know the pedals well. I was hoping they were slightly narrower on the brake pedal. The lip of my shoe touches the side of the brake every few seconds it seems whenever city driving. Though I do have size 13 boats for feet - but still, shouldn't happen. Guess I'll figure it out in spring.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
172 Posts
The sticky isn't the problem for me - I had a c63 before so I know the pedals well. I was hoping they were slightly narrower on the brake pedal. The lip of my shoe touches the side of the brake every few seconds it seems whenever city driving. Though I do have size 13 boats for feet - but still, shouldn't happen. Guess I'll figure it out in spring.

Thanks for the info!
Since the sport pad for the brake pedal goes over the existing pedal pad, they are a little wider than the original brake pedal is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is the part number for the automatic (brake and gas pedals) A 246 290 55 01?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 2017 GLA brake pedal is made 1/2 inch narrower than the AMG brake pedal shown.

When I fitted the AMG brake pedal on, it shifted left and right due to the size difference.

I suspect there's a 2017 AMG brake pedal part number floating around somewhere. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The 2017 GLA brake pedal is made 1/2 inch narrower than the AMG brake pedal shown.

When I fitted the AMG brake pedal on, it shifted left and right due to the size difference.

I suspect there's a 2017 AMG brake pedal part number floating around somewhere. Does anyone know?
Did you get your brake pedal pads from eBay? If so it was probably a Chinese knock-off.
I bought a set of "Mercedes" GLA sport studded brake petal pads from China and had the exact same problem with the pads shifting left and right when installed.

I then bought a set of the GLA sport brake petal pads from a Mercedes dealer and they fit just fine with no looseness at all. ;)
They cost a little more from the dealer but as usual 'you get what you pay for.'

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought it from MB dealer.

Is yours a 2017 model? Can you give me the part number for the brake pedal?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually I can see from your signature you own a 2016 model. Mine is 2017 and I suspect the factory may have changed the sizing of the brake pedal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To help some of you understand, the attached pic shows the sports brake pedal on top and the 2017 brake pedal on the bottom.

Clearly there's a size difference. There's no sports brake pedal at the moment that fits 2017 models.

Maybe later on, MB will release a fitting accessory. Meanwhile I am considering making a modification to fit.

More to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here's a pic of my MY17 pedals, bottom row has 6 rubbers, the one in this post has 7, so it sure looks like it is smaller.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, 6 studs. That's what I am looking for to fit my 2017 GLA. Would you happen to have the part number? It's located on the back of the pedal. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts