Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering because mine didn't have it and I want to know if I should bug the salesperson who sold me the car about.

I do think this should be standard with all/any AMG cars MB sells. It can be bought for ~$100 but we already paid a premium for the car so this little detail would be a nice touch.

*googled pic below*

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes it is standard here for Euro cars... tell the dealer the box the key fob comes in, was not in the glove box.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yes…the fobs had the AMG cover as you show (US spec car I picked up 4 days ago)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, thanks!

I am going to go ahead and bug the sales guy and hopefully I can get one hassle free.

Reactions: UnknownAMG

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So did it come separate from the keyfob? The dealer has to install or give you the cover?

·
Registered
816 Posts
You can get the AMG cover as an accessory but it cost $140 :eek::eek:

Take a less than a minute to install…easy. But odd that some are coming with the AMG fob and some are not??

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah I saw it for sale on ebay for around $100.

I was just wondering if it is something the dealer gets separate and they have to put it on themselves as @UKGLA AMG said the tin box in comes in wasn't in the glove box and @Doc Steel said the sales person replaced it in front of him.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just called MB customer care and they did confirm that they are supposed to be in the glove box. She also said sometimes the dealership moves it to another location in the car so I got to ask if it isn't in the glove box.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My AMG fob cover was given to me 2 weeks after I collected my car. Changed the AMG cover myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I only got one cover. The salesman brought out one AMG key fob cover and replaced the blank cover. I didn't have the presence of mind to ask why only one?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just an update but it's weird, I talked to the person who sold me the GLA and ask for the keys. He claimed that he checked all their AMG cars (S63, CLA45, C 3, etc...) and he was just going to give me one from any of those vehicles and then order one for those but he said they didn't have one either.

He said he will order me one from the parts department and then call me when it arrives.

Seems really unusual.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Just an update but it's weird, I talked to the person who sold me the GLA and ask for the keys. He claimed that he checked all their AMG cars (S63, CLA45, C 3, etc...) and he was just going to give me one from any of those vehicles and then order one for those but he said they didn't have one either.

He said he will order me one from the parts department and then call me when it arrives.

Seems really unusual.
Ive read somewhere while researching for a CLA /GLA that some dealers (or employees) are taking these key covers and ebaying them for a profit. They are supposed to have come in a metal tin with two covers.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is how it looks like, if anyone wants to know.

And my sales rep told me that I am only entitled to 1 AMG car key cover, even though I have 2 car keys.

Cheers!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ive read somewhere while researching for a CLA /GLA that some dealers (or employees) are taking these key covers and ebaying them for a profit. They are supposed to have come in a metal tin with two covers.
Not surprised considering how much it is going for on ebay ($100 per) but **** it sucks to those who doesn't know they should be getting one. I almost plunked down and bought one myself to be honest, good thing I asked here first or else I'd be out about $200 plus shipping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine did not come with the AMG logo, nor any type of box in the glove compartment with the keys. I e-mailed the salesman two weeks ago, but no response. I have sent an inquiry to Mercedes Benz USA and am now waiting for a reply.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Got mine plus a present in the boot

24 hours after picking up mine I found this in the boot!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
After one month and a lot of e-mails and phone calls, I finally got it. One of the dealership staffers said they realized they were missing quite a few and had to order several for the cars they have in stock.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice, I am still waiting for mine. Maybe I should do a follow up...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts