Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Whitehorse, can you say what shop did the work? I live in Toronto too and would consider swapping grills if I new a good place that could do it.
Thx

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hello there! I love your AMG grill man! Can i ask if where did you buy it? I want to install it on my gla too. thank you so much!
You probably need the following parts

Upper Grille A156-888-06-60
Grille surround A156-888-07-60
Outer Molding (pick 1)
Semi Gloss A156-888-08-60
Matt silver A156-888-05-60

Any online parts dealer or your dealership could order for you. As stated you prob need to remove a lot of the front bumper. Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello Whitehorse.

What did you mean by "one of the guys started grilling into the plastic behind fender to separate plastic cover of fender"?
What is grilling and what was he actually doing?
Thankyou

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hello Whitehorse.

What did you mean by "one of the guys started grilling into the plastic behind fender to separate plastic cover of fender"?
What is grilling and what was he actually doing?
Thankyou
This thread is approaching three years old and Whitehorse last posted two years ago. Odds are there might not be a reply. Perhaps he meant drilling?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I spent two afternoons last week installing an AMG style grille on my 2015 GLA250 with the sport package. It was a significant amount of work with the main problem being the shop manual tells you what has to be done, but not how to do it. From the attached photo you can see that I bought the AMG style grille without the logo. I wanted an AMG style grille but did not want to be considered a poser. I feel that it was a worthwhile $89 dollar Ebay purchase. I purchased the grille about 8 months ago just before my colon developed perforation resulting in a hospital stay and lengthy recovery. By the time I was fully recovered from my 12" colectomy, the weather was too cold to even consider working with all the plastic tabs on the bumper and grille. When the weather warmed up there was too much yard and outdoor work to do. Finally last week with 6 or 7 days of rain in the forecast, I was presented with the perfect opportunity to install my AMG grille. As mentioned above I attached a picture.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I spent two afternoons last week installing an AMG style grille on my 2015 GLA250 with the sport package. It was a significant amount of work with the main problem being the shop manual tells you what has to be done, but not how to do it. From the attached photo you can see that I bought the AMG style grille without the logo. I wanted an AMG style grille but did not want to be considered a poser. I feel that it was a worthwhile $89 dollar Ebay purchase. I purchased the grille about 8 months ago just before my colon developed perforation resulting in a hospital stay and lengthy recovery. By the time I was fully recovered from my 12" colectomy, the weather was too cold to even consider working with all the plastic tabs on the bumper and grille. When the weather warmed up there was too much yard and outdoor work to do. Finally last week with 6 or 7 days of rain in the forecast, I was presented with the perfect opportunity to install my AMG grille. As mentioned above I attached a picture.

That’s really a nice job on the grill.
Do you still have the eBay link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
On Ebay just search for GLA AMG grille and it will come up for $89. It says or best offer, but he would not negotiate 8 months ago. He said it was already significantly reduced.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks great! How's the quality compared to the OEM one you replaced? I've been thinking about one as well.

Care to share any tips on the install? Did it require removing the front bumper?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thank you.

As I would have expected the quality is not as good as the OEM, but acceptable for $89. The grille is lighter partially due to the design of the grille center. The formation of the tabs inside the keyed center cut out that houses the star are not as clean (edges not as sharp and well defined) as the OEM. Had some difficulty while installing lighted star, had to break a tab or two off star ring.

Yes, the entire front bumper cover must be removed. Not for the timid or faint of heart. I have no tips as such, but will try to address specific questions. One good thing is that you do nothing that is irreversible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just figured how to reduce the resolution of an in process picture I took using my iphone. I had to email it to myself which allowed me to select resolution. From email, i downloaded the picture and was able to attach on forum.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I included a picture 5 or 6 posts back. So far I think it is well worth the $89.

I was able to get one of those $89 grills as well...fit is not 100% perfect..but it's not noticeable unless you
put your nose in there and take a close look... a month after I installed it.. another seller posted an OEM AMG grill
for cheap.. so I grabbed it.

if anyone is interested in the slightly used one...PM me... :D

i'm now in the process of installing the AMG lower LIP. i'll post some pics later...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello there! I love your AMG grill man! Can i ask if where did you buy it? I want to install it on my gla too. thank you so much!
I just ordered my AMG Grill from ebay (china), wondering what happens to the original Mercedes Star, will it fit on the new Grill.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question about bumper removal: New to forum and want to replace my grill on my 2016 GLA250
  • I took out the top & bottom bolts, plus the fender push-pins (Thank you!)
  • I can't see the "other 2 bolts" you mention that need to come out?
  • It also seems the wheel well "surround trim" is pop riveted to the bumper cover? (is that what needed to be drilled out?)
  • The bumper still seems solidly attached to the car, and I don't want to break anything..
Appreciate any experience others have had..
-Mark

21 - 38 of 38 Posts