Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently have problem of Ambient Pressure sensor with check engine light. No different in driving. But the check engine light really bother me alot. MB check P22278. And said need to change whole ECU to clear this. Which is super costly.... any idea???

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
I believe the ambient pressure sensor is used as a data point for the ECU's air-fuel ratio and emissions control system, among other things. If the sensor is integral to the ECU presumably that would require its replacement. You should get a MB dealership analysis as theirs is far more robust than personal/independent readers can provide.

·
601 Posts
If it could just be a bad sensor, and it could be replaced at a lot less cost. I would either find an indy that works on MB only or go to a dealer for a different check of the CEL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the ambient pressure sensor is used as a data point for the ECU's air-fuel ratio and emissions control system, among other things. If the sensor is integral to the ECU presumably that would require its replacement. You should get a MB dealership analysis as theirs is far more robust than personal/independent readers can provide.
That report is from local MB , their advice change whole ECU which cost millions...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what i get back from local MB is that this particular sensor is in the ECU, my car i bought second hand, and after inspection. Suspect is previous owner write map on the ECU and by pass this sensor to get more outcome from the ECu car...

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jeff. Appears to be one of the many unscrupulous used car sellers out there.
Caveat emptor was likely coined to warn against unscrupulous used chariot sellers and it still applies today!
But in fairness a non-MB dealer may simply not have known it was tuned when they inspected it.
Can the MB dealership rewrite the ECU firmware back to stock? This would seem to rectify the issue.
If not worst case it looks like you'll need to replace the ECU. You could take a chance on a used/salvaged unit but once burned I think you'd be far better off in the long run with MB dealer service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear that Jeff. Appears to be one of the many unscrupulous used car sellers out there.
Caveat emptor was likely coined to warn against unscrupulous used chariot sellers and it still applies today!
But in fairness a non-MB dealer may simply not have known it was tuned when they inspected it.
Can the MB dealership rewrite the ECU firmware back to stock? This would seem to rectify the issue.
If not worst case it looks like you'll need to replace the ECU. You could take a chance on a used/salvaged unit but once burned I think you'd be far better off in the long run with MB dealer service.
Yap my friend thank you for the advice! I guess i have to go to get new ECU from MB. Better than get something which there is no warranty and have problem.... good day bro!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts