Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m a new 2018 GLA 250 owner from Chicago and I was told that my car doesn’t have the option to change ambient lighting. Currently it’s stuck on orange and the only option I have is to make it brighter but can’t change colors. I’ve contacted the dealer and they said I may not have that option but being that it’s a 2018 I think I would and according to the owners manual I should. So idk what to do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks I looked it up so what do I do with this information and codes

QUOTE="Huey52, post: 207669, member: 32934"]
For a USA MY2018 you need to have Accessory Code 877 : 12-color Ambient Lighting option package installed ($155 at that time).

Our AWD has it but not our FWD vehicle.

Check your window sticker if still available or use a VIN decoder: Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder VIN Decoder for Mercedes-Benz
[/QUOTE]
For a USA MY2018 you need to have Accessory Code 877 : 12-color Ambient Lighting option package installed ($155 at that time).

Our AWD has it but not our FWD vehicle.

Check your window sticker if still available or use a VIN decoder: Free online Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder : MBDecoder VIN Decoder for Mercedes-Benz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you I looked up my VIN I don’t really understand what I do this information or codes

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
Mea culpa Those decoders don't go down to accessory level.

Call a dealership and give them the VIN and they can tell you.

Of course when in the Sett screen if there's no selection for changing ambient colors ....
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 11.01.39 AM.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now is this the same thing with Apple Car play? Does my car have already come equipped with it or does all the newer GLAs have this ?

·
642 Posts
If you have an iPhone you can get the app "MB Vin Decoder". Enter the vin number and you will get the data card, there are three tabs, Engine, and SA Codes. Tap on SA Codes, it will list all items installed at the factory with the code for the item.

You are looking for code 877 for the 12 color lighting package.

Apple play and, Multicolor ambient cabin lighting was an option in 2018, Based on the brochure.

Reactions: Huey52

·
Super Moderator
412 Posts
Apple CarPlay is a MY2018 option as well.

It either comes as part of the Comand Multimedia package code 320, or if not Comand optioned discretely as Smartphone Integration package code 868

All non-Comand MY2018's do come with Garmin Map prewiring however (appropriately coded SD card then required).

Now is this the same thing with Apple Car play? Does my car have already come equipped with it or does all the newer GLAs have this ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts