Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I am a new owner of a GLA250 and asked the dealer about all weather floor mats which they do not have.
Has anyone found and bought all weather floor mats for the GLA?
I've seen the Weathertech website but reviews are mix, either a perfect fit or terrible fit plus horrible customer support.
Please help.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't see how the reviews can be that mixed. They are all the same size so they either fit or they don't. Weathertech has a good reputation. I would trust them.

·
Registered
694 Posts
you guys might also want to consider the fact that depending on how bad your winters are and the depth of the OEM rubber mats, you might not need these weather tech mats.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you guys might also want to consider the fact that depending on how bad your winters are and the depth of the OEM rubber mats, you might not need these weather tech mats.
Quite true. I live in Canada and there is snow so much of the year. Adapting to the weather is a Canadian tradition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine on Wednesday and installed them yesterday. They fit perfectly and didn't take forever to arrive. They are high quality but I do wish that the material had more grip like rubber and the channeling was deeper. Very pleased. While my infinity allweather (from the dealer) have deeper channels and a more rubber like material which is better in Chicago winters the Weathertech's look and fit much better than the others on the G. Being fair the Mercedes retentions are much better than the Initini's because they are snapped in as opposed to hooked in with a grommet. Very happy that they were only $200. Next is a cargo area liner after I get done with holiday shopping for the little one and the wife.

·
Registered
295 Posts
how are you guys liking the fit and finish of the mats?
i know some people with other vehicles that have got mats from WT report some fitment issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On another note. Does anyone have trouble with the interior windows fogging excessively?
It is tiresome to keep switching on the MAX defrost to keep them clear. The regular defrost along with ac button do not keep windshield clear. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
On another note. Does anyone have trouble with the interior windows fogging excessively?
It is tiresome to keep switching on the MAX defrost to keep them clear. The regular defrost along with ac button do not keep windshield clear. Any suggestions?
Maybe anti-fog solution like what is used on snowmobile and ski masks etc? I noticed this too and thought it was the result of the fact I was vaping (e-cigarettes) which creates humidity.

Was this only affecting the windshield? I've noticed this on all the windows.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maybe anti-fog solution like what is used on snowmobile and ski masks etc? I noticed this too and thought it was the result of the fact I was vaping (e-cigarettes) which creates humidity.

Was this only affecting the windshield? I've noticed this on all the windows.
Rain-X Anti Fog

This stuff woks wonders. Just sucks when you have to re apply but you should be alright for a good 6 - 8 months.

If you can't find this stuff then try 8 parts water and 1 part baby oil. I use this for my scuba mask and moto helmet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just went to the Weather Tech factory store (in Bolingbrook, IL) this past Sunday and picked up front and rear mats for my GLA. They fit perfectly and don't slide around. They feel fine, so far...but have only had them for a day and a half. The drivers side mat snaps in place, perfectly. No complaints.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I just always leave my heat setting on 'Defrost & feet' mix, and let my upper body warm in the seat heaters to reduce condensation on the windows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How can't mercedes have the all weather mats available yet? They had the cargo mat available from the get go.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts