Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

Airbag removal help please!

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  cannon90 
#1 ·
Hello. I’ve done the online video and instruction search, but everything I’ve seen is for MBs with two torx screws at the back of the steering wheel that secure the airbag. Our two screws only hold the bottom of the bezel and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to remove the airbag from the steering wheel. Thank you!

#4 ·
Has anyone done this for a GLA? At least for my 2015 GLA45, it just seems off. The Torx T20's BARELY scrape between the airbag and the wheel trim bezel (needs the airbag tugged outward). And there is no indication of where to "pierce" the sides of the airbag cover. I could guess based on the pic - I just have this 'off' feeling. Maybe I'm being overly timid about it, but it just doesn't feel right. Thanks!

#5 ·
Would this be procedure be different between the GLA250 and the GLA45? I know the steering wheels are different. The documentation I provided was for a GLA250 since it was referenced to my VIN. Don't know if a GLA45 VIN would have resulted in a different procedure? I kind of doubt it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.