Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This site has gone down hill for me. For about 1 week now, I gat add pop ups on phone and laptop.
This is incredibly annoying! What is the point of having an "X" above the add if when clicked it redirects you to The adds site !?!?!
That's infuriating....

·
Retired Moderator
378 Posts
I haven't noticed any change when I visit the forum. There are adds, but they are unobtrusive and always limited to the sidebar to the right.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't noticed any change when I visit the forum. There are adds, but they are unobtrusive and always limited to the sidebar to the right.
Unfortunately for me, the adds pop-up on center of screen (Iphone and laptop). Hence why this is so annoying for me ...

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Same here, ever since I hit the X to not allow pop ups. I really am not interested in buying a Chevy, thanks! Fortunately the X in the upper right corner removes the ad without hassles.

If this is the price required to keep this Forum alive, regrettably, so be it ... :-(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, I've been seeing these ads for the past week or so, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. These forums are free to join, but I'm sure it takes some effort to run and maintain, so I can't complain.

·
Administrator
322 Posts
Unfortunately for me, the adds pop-up on center of screen (Iphone and laptop). Hence why this is so annoying for me ...
If they pop up then there's something going on with your browser. You're need to run a cleaner on it. Can you take a screen shot of the pop up ads and post it here?

Lee

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they pop up then there's something going on with your browser. You're need to run a cleaner on it. Can you take a screen shot of the pop up ads and post it here?

Lee
The Only adds I receive are from Toyota. Picture provided just happened as soon as I entered the this site via IPhone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I do not have the screen-filling ad on my iPhone or iPad, but when I use the right sidebar pullout feature on the iPad to get to Recent Discussions threads, here is what I get that locks up for 30 seconds or more before I can scroll down, then a second lock up at the next level, taking several attempts to actually get to the thread links. Worse, it has to be repeated each time i want to go to another thread, so instead I use the New Posts menu bar dropdown feature as a workaround. I work from an iMac as my main computer and do not get any sort of issue, but I have AdBlock enabled.

Attachments

·
Administrator
322 Posts
I do not have the screen-filling ad on my iPhone or iPad, but when I use the right sidebar pullout feature on the iPad to get to Recent Discussions threads, here is what I get that locks up for 30 seconds or more before I can scroll down, then a second lock up at the next level, taking several attempts to actually get to the thread links. Worse, it has to be repeated each time i want to go to another thread, so instead I use the New Posts menu bar dropdown feature as a workaround. I work from an iMac as my main computer and do not get any sort of issue, but I have AdBlock enabled.
go to: http://www.glaowners.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

Show Sidebar on Forum Pages
This allows you to turn off the sidebar on forum threadview pages.
For Premium Members, this turns off the sidebar on all forum pages.

You can disable the sidebar.

Lee

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Lee ... Thanks for the tip.

FWIW, my account was already set to disable. I enabled and disabled with SAVE in case the switch was screwed up. Still have the pop ups.

·
Administrator
322 Posts
Lee ... Thanks for the tip.

FWIW, my account was already set to disable. I enabled and disabled with SAVE in case the switch was screwed up. Still have the pop ups.
hey there,

Can you try a cache and cookie clear on your device and see if that clears it up? just want to see if its that. let me know.

~Shane

·
Super Moderator
1,903 Posts
Thanks for the ideas.

I gave your suggestions a try. No change. I will experiment a bit more later in the day.

FWIW ... Samsung Note 5.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The ads are getting to be as bad as facebook or amazon, right now I have Maserati, an insurance company, Car ID, Mazda and even a MB ad all looking at me, not to mention the Buick ads that show up in the middle of posts. I know you guys need some support money but how about limiting the ads to NON-automobile brands? Now on the other hand if this brings in tons of money for you then I need to consider starting a car owners blog

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The ads are getting to be as bad as facebook or amazon, right now I have Maserati, an insurance company, Car ID, Mazda and even a MB ad all looking at me, not to mention the Buick ads that show up in the middle of posts. I know you guys need some support money but how about limiting the ads to NON-automobile brands? Now on the other hand if this brings in tons of money for you then I need to consider starting a car owners blog
Same here. Not only Toyota, but expanding to
Other manufacturers as well.
Am I the only one experiencing adds on cell phone?
Ughh...

·
Administrator
322 Posts
Hey guys,

Could you please provide the following information and we'll bring it over to the ad team to see if there is anything that can be done regarding ads on devices?

1) A screenshot of the popup ad
2) the full URL to the ad
3) What section of the site were you on when that ad popped up?
4) What is your geo location. We ask because some ads are targeted based on your location.
5) What device and browser/app are you using?

With as many of these points as possible, our ad team will have an easier time with identifying whether or not they can be blocked.

~Sheena

1 - 17 of 17 Posts