Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the subwoofer truly lacking with the HK system. So I purchased the Infinity Basslink to add to the current system. Wow, this has to be the easiest install I have ever done. The current system has a sub system (speaker and amp) where the spare tire would normally be. I simply tapped into 2 of the 4 wires going into the sub pictured (high level) and ran the power to the existing outlet in the rear hatch area. Instant boom.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Good stuff. Let’s see a picture. Show off how you secured the basslink. Glad you are happy with the update!

Did you replace the existing subwoofer? If so, you can tap the outlet from the backside and run the wire straight down behind the panel. It will give you a cleaner install. Seamless and invisible!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I find the subwoofer truly lacking with the HK system. So I purchased the Infinity Basslink to add to the current system. Wow, this has to be the easiest install I have ever done. The current system has a sub system (speaker and amp) where the spare tire would normally be. I simply tapped into 2 of the 4 wires going into the sub pictured (high level) and ran the power to the existing outlet in the rear hatch area. Instant boom.

Its not audiophile,.....

But I did the same kinda gig on my mazdaspeed3.
It is absolutly a great value, and gets you a good 3/4 of the way to great audio, with essentially none of the install headaches

as mentioned, securing it, placing it, dedicating the space for it. things to ponder

simply saving the hatch from a space robbing permanent amp install makes it attractive

Tech stuff
you should try to get RCA inputs to feed it
do run the little gain knob up to a handy spot, bump is not always welcome
A sub runs on current, fact of life. the healthyier you can feed it, the better it sounds. do find a 20amp + feed for the power supply

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not audiophile,.....

But I did the same kinda gig on my mazdaspeed3.
It is absolutly a great value, and gets you a good 3/4 of the way to great audio, with essentially none of the install headaches

as mentioned, securing it, placing it, dedicating the space for it. things to ponder

simply saving the hatch from a space robbing permanent amp install makes it attractive

Tech stuff
you should try to get RCA inputs to feed it
do run the little gain knob up to a handy spot, bump is not always welcome
A sub runs on current, fact of life. the healthyier you can feed it, the better it sounds. do find a 20amp + feed for the power supply
I agree with the simplicity of this little sub. I have been down the road of using a JBL MS8 and all separate amps, new speakers, monstrous sub. No longer interested in that level of complexity. I did consider the current draw. It is only 12 amps and the outlet is rated at 15 amps, It fills in nicely with so little effort; I'm thrilled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi @Wrager, I was looking to see a picture of your setup but I can see you didn't do it at that time. If you still have the car would you mind taking a picture to share with the forum?
Thank you in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts