Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my acoustic lock on (where it beeps when u lock the car) for a while now. I'm at 6K miles now and suddenly it doesn't work. I checked the settings and it's enabled but just no sound.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have had the locking audible beep not work more than once. Do you have the full Keyless Go (not Keyless Start), touch the handle to lock? That has also stopped working more than once for me, to include not locking from the key fob. A "reboot" of the ignition usually solves it, but it sounds like yours is more than intermittent, but instead none at all. If the settings show it's on, change your settings to off. Cycle through a couple engine start-stops with locking each time, then re-set to the audible beep to see if that helps. Otherwise, might need a shop check.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks turbolink. No i don't have Keyless Go. Looks like your reboot recommendation worked. I don't know how many times I turned it on and off before it finally fixed itself. Pretty weird. Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks turbolink. No i don't have Keyless Go. Looks like your reboot recommendation worked. I don't know how many times I turned it on and off before it finally fixed itself. Pretty weird. Thanks!
Just a suggest, check the battery in your smartkey fob for sufficient level (above 3V) if you have a voltmeter. Sometimes a weak battery can cause problems even if it works occasionally. Or at least use the procedure at page 80 of the manual looking for the LED on your smartkey to light up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts