Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully when my husband gets home we will order our 2016 GLA 45 AMG.
This will be our 1st MB.

I think we are going to go with the South Seas blue. However, the color representation in the DOG for the 2016 doesn't really look anything like the South Seas blue in person or in the 2015 GLA book.

I'm hoping MB hasn't kept the name the same and radically changed the color. That would be a big surprise!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
South Seas Blue is not appropriately shown on the MB website or in printed material… the deep metallic look when viewing in the real is great.

What color interior are you thinking about?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Unfortuantely that's how colors always look from book to seeing them in person, there's just so many ways paint can vary in look, which is why in most cases seeing in person is a must. Then when it comes to seeing it in person, seeing it in different lighting situations: dealer showroom lighting, outside in the sun during the day, and even during sunset.

·
Registered
816 Posts
AMGz…agree… here the color looks darker even though in sun light>>>

So with pictures the camera system is probably the weak link

·
Registered
197 Posts
I test drove a 15 with SSB and the ash interior. A sharp exterior color for sure and it looks much as you see above, not as shown online. Enjoy your upcoming purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for sharing the photos!! SSBGLA's posts definitely helped seal the deal for the SSB. Initial order placed yesterday, I guess there is a little bit of time to make some changes. At this point, I love the red cut interior and red seat belts. The saleslady made a face and asked "blue with red!?" The light colored interior is beautiful but I am somewhat messy, so black doesn't show spills as easily. I love the look of the red calipers with the blue.

How many more days until late Oct, early Nov??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts