Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked with my local MB Service whether I can use these snow tires on my 2016 GLA 250 4Matic which currently has 235/45 R19 run flat all season tires. The answer was "they don't recommend using configurations other than what's in the list in the owner's manual".

Here are the specs of the MB recommended snow tires compared with the ones I already have:

MB recommended:
235/50 R18
rims: 7.0 J x 18 H2
offset: 46 mm
bolt pattern: 5 x 112

What I have:
245/40 R18
rims: 8.5 J x 18 ET33
bolt pattern: 5 x 112

My question: with centre bore and bolt thread pattern exactly the same for both, can I use the snow tires that I have (given to me, came off a 2011 Audi S5) on my GLA 250?

Would appreciate any comment from everyone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would suggest you look at the difference using a tire calculator like this one: Tire Size Calculator & Converter, Tire Size Conversion | Discount Tire

As you will note, one problem with using your tires is that they will make a lot more turns per mile and will throw off your speedometer (and increase your mileage count much faster).

I have a similar problem with my old 255/40-R18 snow tires/wheel set I have from my previous car. I asked my local tire shop and tirerack (where I bought my snow wheels) and ended up dry-fitting the wheels to make sure they wont' interfere with other components (like brake calipers and suspension parts). My old wheels are similar to yours in that they are 8.5Jx18 but have an offset of 35mm. So your wheels will be sticking out of the wheel wells by 2mm more than mine (mine are right at the edge). So, my guess is that your wheels would fit (assuming GLA250 is similar to GLA45 in the offset/wheel well sizes).

I suggest you check with your local tire shop about the wheel fitment and then get new tires for your old wheels. I am doing that myself. I also had to buy new shorter bolts (since my old lug bolts were longer to account for wheel spacers).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts