Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow GLAers!

Just curious what you guys think, is that going to be too aggressive and stick out too much?

I am not really sure what the offset of the stock and optional wheels from MB. I believe the optional 20" AMG are 20x8 but the offset is either +43 or +45, I can't find solid info on it.

I am also deciding between two VMRs, V708 (matte black) or V702 (matte gunmetal), which do you guys think would look better? Leaning more towards the matter black V708s since my GLA is black and also it is cheaper than the V702 lol

Any help and opinions appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Definitely the V708 matt black VMR! Darth Vader that GLA!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Closest 20" V708 for reference I could find though the color is different, on an SQ5.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Very nice, nightscar!

Very much like the iForged Daytonas on my previous ride, minus the deep dish.

Reactions: AMGz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello fellow GLAers!

Just curious what you guys think, is that going to be too aggressive and stick out too much?

I am not really sure what the offset of the stock and optional wheels from MB. I believe the optional 20" AMG are 20x8 but the offset is either +43 or +45, I can't find solid info on it.

I am also deciding between two VMRs, V708 (matte black) or V702 (matte gunmetal), which do you guys think would look better? Leaning more towards the matter black V708s since my GLA is black and also it is cheaper than the V702 lol

Any help and opinions appreciated. Thanks!
You'll have 4 mm less clearance on the inside and 22mm more fill to the outside.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll have 4 mm less clearance on the inside and 22mm more fill to the outside.
Thanks for the info but I am not sure what that means. lol The wheels would stick out farther by 22mm in comparison to the stock wheels?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Very nice, nightscar!

Very much like the iForged Daytonas on my previous ride, minus the deep dish.

I think those will look great on Mercedes Sedans but on the GLA... i'm really liking how multi-spoke concave wheels are on them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah I don't think the lip helps with the fender gap, it usually works best when the car is lower.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the info but I am not sure what that means. lol The wheels would stick out farther by 22mm in comparison to the stock wheels?
Yes. The inside of the wheels will be 4 mm closer to the strut on the inside (that's a safe number), and the wheel will stick out 22 mm more than the stock wheel.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I totally agree that on the GLA, no deep dish please! :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. The inside of the wheels will be 4 mm closer to the strut on the inside (that's a safe number), and the wheel will stick out 22 mm more than the stock wheel.
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. 22mm is about 0.8" doesn't seem too extreme. I think it'll just make it about flush?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. 22mm is about 0.8" doesn't seem too extreme. I think it'll just make it about flush?
pretty close. Problem will be that if you take hard corners or really challenge the suspension you will rub the plastic wheel arch trim. Another guy that posts tracks his car with 20mm spacers and he rubs.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again for the great info, I guess I'll pass. I don't want to risk it even though I don't plan on tracking the car in the near future.

I guess 20x8.5 et43 would be pretty safe? Wheels are only .5 wider. Would 20x9 et43 still be safe from rubbing?

I might just go back to my original plan of getting these:

·
Registered
29 Posts
20x9 43et is .5 inch closer to the strut and .5 inch wider on the outside as well. I haven't measured the inside clearance to know for sure. 8.5 width wheels are only .25 inch wider on inside and outside.
Be sure the wheel/spoke design will clear a big brake kit, cause that's what you've got. If you like the MB wheels and just want the wheels pushed out more, look into spacers. If you're set on new wheels regardless, then find what you like and be sure they will fit on your car.
Use this for future wheel calculations:
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the link, it should be very helpful moving forward.

I'm definitely looking for bigger wheels and the extra width is just for better traction though not necessarily a requirement.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This A45 has some 20" Vossen VFS and wow it's a beauty.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Woah, the rims looks flush and the drop is just perfect! Lovely!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've read people post no deep dish on the GLA45. Why is that? Does anyone have wheels with a polished lip on this car?
Do they just not look good with this body style? I had 1.5" front and 3" rear polished lips on my 06' M3 and they looked great.
Just wondering if I should get deep dishes for this car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts