15mm rear
C
The whole car pic is without spacer.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks really great!

Now when I look at my 45...

I wonder what size spacers for my 20"...

#6 ·
Looks great caug. I'm in the market to buy some new tires for mine but I'm looking for an ultra high performance A/S to fit the 20" wheels. Very limited on the exact size(none to be exact). Does anyone know if I did the same configuration wheel spacers, would I be able to fit 255-35-20? Worried about hitting the front struts. Also does anyone know the offset for the black amg 20" 's?

#9 ·
The offset for the black AMG 20's is 43.5mm per the manual. My local DiscountTire shop told me the GLA can take offsets from +20mm to +50mm, so a lot of flexibility there.

#7 ·
not sure about 255 35 20.
Wheel spacers will push wheels out so nothing will be hitting the struts.
C

#11 ·
I guess that there isn't many experiences with 255s on OE 20x8 rims is because it is not recommended?

You can go here to check what are the recommended widths for 20x8 rims: Tyre Size for Rim Size/Width Calculator - What's the best tyre size for my rim?

And from the the same website, it mentioned this:

"When replacing OEM tire with a wider aftermarket tire, width of the rim should be taken into account because each rim width corresponds to only a few tire widths.

For example, appropriate tire widths for 6.0" rim are: 175 mm, 185 mm, 195 mm and 205 mm. The minimum tire width 175 mm designates the safe tire width, 185mm and 195 mm are ideal tire widths and 205 mm is the maximum tire width. The maximum tire width is not ideal because the tire tread is wider than the inside rim bead."

Hope this helps!

Reactions: rayman
#12 ·
Great information, thank you Azrielsc!!

I was thinking of getting the Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ (W- OR Y-SPEED RATED) - Size: 255/35ZR20.

Discount Tires lists the rim range between 8 and 10.5 inches but tirerack says the proper range is 8.5 to 10 for this size tire.

In light of the discrepencies, I guess I will have to go with the 245/40R20 tires that everybody has had luck with on the forum -- that is unless I get new rims (and possible spacers unless I get the offset right).

Reactions: Azrielsc
#13 ·
Glad to help!

I stuck with 235s because I personally didn't like how the 245s look on the stock 20" rims. And after adding 15mm spacers all round, I think I got it where it looks just nice. Didn't want to go with 20mm rear spacers because I don't want any issues with rubbing since I got the car lowered.

Cheers!

Reactions: rayman
#16 ·
actually i am runner 25mm front and 20 rears with 19x8 and 45 et. 245 45 19 tires.

#18 ·
i would check stock bolts and at add extra mm of the spacer size. if 25mm spacer, i would get extra 20mm longer for bolts.

very important to get right bolt head shape. there are 2 kinds:
cone and ball head. it will depends on the wheels , they have different shapes for bolts.
if you getting from tire rack , you ll need to ask what type is required.
c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.