Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 2021 GLA. It has most of the available options. I was able to navigate through the system menus and found where it says the dash cam is not activated. It was not one of the options I paid for. It clearly has the physical dash cam installed. Trying to find out, if I can pay the dealer for this option and have it activated. No legal issues with dash cams in the US. My first attempt discussing this with the dealer went no where. Was ignorant of the features of the 2021. Thank you for any assistance....Anthony

·
Super Moderator
1,661 Posts
Speaking for my 2010 Porsche 997.2 without Nav or Sat radio ... I can go through the menus and it looks like Nav is there although the GPS antenna does not exist and the harness is not. Same for Sat radio.

Generally menus are cast. It does not mean you can simply activate a feature on the menu.

And to add to that ... We took European Delivery of Pam's 2017. We got one of the first releases. That was the first year that you could actually order AA and Carplay. MB supplied two people to show us the car's features. This was at the factory in Sindelfingen. This was with the factory trainers. They insisted that neither AA or Carplay were an available option. We had to prove it to them. It took three phones before we found one that would hook up. But we taught the teachers that day.

Note: Fortunately we had a thick 4 inch thick 3 ring binder with press releases and DOGs and order sheets and all kinds of other information with us. That got us past the first and second phones to find success on the third try.

Moral ... Don't expect your dealer to have the answers. Don't expect your dealer to even know the questions. They have a lot of models with a lot of options that change every year. 2021 brought many changes. It will take a while for the dealers to catch up.

Warning: A dash cam can be considered evidence. Make sure it's off if you're on a spirited drive!!! There's a good reason I don't want a GoPro. Actually many reasons!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The GLA dascham was listed in the March 2020 Dealer Order Guide as a $200 option, but it is not presently in the build function at MBusa.com. I think it might be activated as a software feature later when it is released. I believe as long as you have the Multimedia Package you will have the camera needed once software is released. I also read somewhere that there will bee apps for purchase through the MBUX at some point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the dashcam option as part of the 2021 Japan navigation package. It auto starts when you turn the car on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts