Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2021 GLA on 6/11. I was really excited and had been talking to my salmons for w few weeks prior to my purchased. I originally was going to get a 2020 until I saw a video of the 2021 release and decided to wait. When I test drove, I fell in love with the car instantly and purchased it that day. I drove it around Va for little (i purchased the car at a dealer in northern VA) and then drove home to southern MD about 40 miles away. Next day I was out running errands locally, when the car gave me an error message stating that car couldn't be put into reverse. I was driving forward. The car then went into neutral and gave another error message when I tried to switch into drive. I couldn't pull over but switched into a turning lane and put the car into park so I wouldn't get rear ended but I was stuck at a light until roadside assistance came. The car was towed to the dealership. The service liaison told me that a screw was cracked and I was leaking transmission fluid. They replaced the parts and test drove the car and performed a quality control check. They also threw in some accessories (a lighted mercedes star logo and LED door projectors.) Ive had the car back for almost a week and while it is driving fine, I am scared of it reoccurring. I got lucky and was able to pull over but worry that if it happens again I won't be able to. There are stretches of my drive that have no place to pull over. Should I take it to another mechanic to verify the work or just trust that it fine?

·
Super Moderator
303 Posts
I believe you'll be just fine. This was apparently a one time flawed part and it's now been replaced and the full system tested (plus some added goodies as consolation). Although vendor parts undergo source inspection a bad one can still slip through to the factory. Also vendors change periodically. It is unnerving but these things happen, especially in a revamped model like the 2021 SUV (vs. prior Crossover). You'll be concerned with it for awhile but when you have more time and miles under your belt it will become a distant memory. Now go enjoy your new GLA. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you'll be just fine. This was apparently a one time flawed part and it's now been replaced and the full system tested (plus some added goodies as consolation). Although vendor parts undergo source inspection a bad one can still slip through to the factory. Also vendors change periodically. It is unnerving but these things happen, especially in a revamped model like the 2021 SUV (vs. prior Crossover). You'll be concerned with it for awhile but when you have more time and miles under your belt it will become a distant memory. Now go enjoy your new GLA. ;)
Thanks for replying. I really think it will be fine but still a little nervous. Starting to enjoy the car and ready to do a few mods to personalize it a bit. The car is so new I haven't found what I am looking for quite yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the US MY21 cars were available in June? We in Canada can barely find a car from dealers for test drive even today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i think you did the right thing pulling over, driving without trans fluid could have ruined it

·
Super Moderator
1,620 Posts
You are one of the first to have the revamped model. You mentioned that you fell in live with it and it was worth waiting for, backing off of a 2020 model.

I'd love to hear your impressions and your reasons for feeling the way you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts