Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GLA 250
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I programmed the seat memory buttons hoping that when I open the door all I have to do is press a memory button after my short wife has driven the car and simply slide in. But they don't do the job. I have to slither into the front seat, turn the car on and change the car profiles on the MBUX multimedia display. Then and only then will the seats and mirrors go to my pre selected memory settings. Is something wrong? Did I miss a step or did selecting profiles negate using the door memory buttons. Help!
I love this mini SUV. I thought I was pretty tech savvy with cars but I never had such a technologically advanced vehicle. This car is my wife's who's not tech savvy and just wants the car to go but loves the workmanship. This is a basic 250 front wheel drive with minimal options. I've looked and read the manual but found nothing regarding my setup and problem.
I like this car so much that I may in the future consider a GLA AMG, but first I need to familiarize myself with this one and all the settings and nuances.

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
MB is not big on opening the driver door and the seat retracts back for entry, seems they have some safety concerns, Surprised once in the car and depressing the seat button that they do not work.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This may have been tried, but you do have to HOLD the numbered button down the whole time, until everything has moved into place. At least on my car you do. Probably so you can stop it if something is in the way.

·
Premium Member
2021 GLA 250
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may have been tried, but you do have to HOLD the numbered button down the whole time, until everything has moved into place. At least on my car you do. Probably so you can stop it if something is in the way.
I have tried that, I'm really thinking it has something to do with Mercedes new MBUX system. I have set 2 profiles and ever since then I can not adjust the seats with the memory buttons as soon as I open the door. I have to turn the car on and change profiles and then the seat automatically adjusts itself. One of these days I'm going to delete both profiles and test my theory. The drawback to this is I have all my favorite stations and settings programmed under my profile and my wife has hers also programmed the way she likes it. Plus since everything is hi tech, its like having two iPads on your dash and there's a multitude of styles, programs, settings and lighting you can configure to your profile. I love all that but I don't know why after setting your profile your preferential way it would not let you use the door memory seat buttons prior to entering the car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, dang. I do not have the MBUX in mine, but I understand what you're saying with that. It is super strange that the hard buttons would be ignored like that? Let us know if you come to any conclusions!

·
Premium Member
2021 GLA 250
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, dang. I do not have the MBUX in mine, but I understand what you're saying with that. It is super strange that the hard buttons would be ignored like that? Let us know if you come to any conclusions!
Will do

·
Premium Member
2021 GLA 250
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those interested; Today I decided to delete both profiles (My wife & Me) from my MBUX computer system. I was reluctant to do so because that meant everything I and my wife had programmed like radio stations, specific display settings, ambient lights, comfort settings and of course the seat memory settings would be all gone. But low and behold, now I can finally pull up the seat memory settings from the door buttons.
This had been a pet peeve of mine because I'm 6'2", my wife is 5'1" so I could never adjust the seat before getting in using door memory buttons because I had both profiles and settings programmed in the new MBUX computer. I had to contort myself into the car, turn it on and change profiles and the seats would adjust automatically to our pre set settings. With the MBUX system and full flat screen LED dash there are tons of ways you can set up your displays. It's too bad setting up your preferences in your profile settings will disable door memory buttons although settings are stored but you have to retrieve them from profiles on dash. I wonder if Mercedes can do an upgrade to the hardware/software to allow us to use either door memory buttons or profile settings to adjust seats.

·
Super Moderator
851 Posts
I have taken my cars into MB for service, and they have given me new cars with the new dash set up; GLA and GLB both looked like it would take some time to program the displays to your liking, as there are so many possibles.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for the update @jetmech !!! I understand how much of a effort it is to test that theory, so thank you for doing it! This is a really good thing to know for anyone in your situation for sure, and a total bummer that it functions as such!?! I will certainly keep this in mind for the next MB purchase, and ask about it specifically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts