Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently leased a 2021 GLA 250. The dealership told me that the car doesn't have a chip for Mercedes Me so none of the Me features work. I was told that there'll eventually be a recall to get install/fix/replace the chip that powers the Me features. Is anyone else in the same boat? And is there any information on the recall? Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum. New car, new to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
Your 2021 does not use Mercedes Me; 2021 would use Mercedes Me Connect. They are two different systems. You need to get the Mercedes Me Connect app. on your phone. The Mercedes Me app, if you are trying to use it, should direct you to get the Mercedes Me Connect app to connect to your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your 2021 does not use Mercedes Me; 2021 would use Mercedes Me Connect. They are two different systems. You need to get the Mercedes Me Connect app. on your phone. The Mercedes Me app, if you are trying to use it, should direct you to get the Mercedes Me Connect app to connect to your car.
Thanks. Tried both apps, neither works. Apps aren’t the problem, dealership said the chip isn’t there or isn’t activated and that there’ll be a recall to fix that.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
The dealer needs to work on the Mercedes Me Connect system that the car was sold, and your information added to the system. I bought a 2019 SLC in January, and the dealer had to do their thing before I could use the app. I cannot believe MB would not have the car built and shipped without the proper hardware and software for something they have been doing for several decades.

Maybe it is time to call support for Mercedes Me Connect. 404-684-2986
When calling, make sure you have your VIN number

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer needs to work on the Mercedes Me Connect system that the car was sold, and your information added to the system. I bought a 2019 SLC in January, and the dealer had to do their thing before I could use the app. I cannot believe MB would not have the car built and shipped without the proper hardware and software for something they have been doing for several decades.

Maybe it is time to call support for Mercedes Me Connect. 404-684-2986
When calling, make sure you have your VIN number
Hahah. Yea, the car didn’t come with the Hermes comms module. Found another forum where many GLC buyers in 2021 didn’t get that module either so are now waiting for a recall.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
WOW, after seeing the last post and checking the internet, it looks like the dealer is correct. The chip for the Hermes comms module is missing on some new cars. New car buyers are asked to sign an agreement that they are buying the vehicle with the chip to be installed later. MB could offer $300 to take the car and not get the chip at a later date. This creates a question you take the $300, but when selling the vehicle in the future, the value could be way less with the missing chip more than the $300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is not a Mercedes problem, this is a chip shortage for many car manufacturers due to covid shutdowns

1 - 7 of 7 Posts