Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 2021 GLA250, I recently noticed that the digital clock isn’t keeping time properly..it’s almost always like 10 min or so behind the correct time. I have it set correctly in settings. I’ve tried manually and automatically, it takes the changes and holds it fine after I do that but if I turn the car off and come back, boom it’s incorrect again. It’s set for USA, Eastern Standard time as it’s supposed to...as I said I’ve tried to have it self correct automatically and nothing......am I missing something? I’d expect something as simple as a clock to work! Don’t want to take it back to MB if it’s something I’m not setting correctly? But I will if I can’t figure it out! Does it have anything to do with the Mercedes me app or my account maybe? I have 2 profiles set up in the car, me and wife and both have same issue. Anyone? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2016 GLA250 4matic
11 Posts
I noticed the same thing too with the '21 loaner my dealership lent me.

But on day of returning it, clock was accurate again. So strange.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same with my 2021 GLC I just purchased. Please let me know if you find out how to fix it! Thanks!
Same issue on my 2021 GLC here. My guess is that it uses GPS time and if it does not have signal, the time may be messed up. Please let me know if you know the fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That would make sense about the GPS signal. I still haven’t figured it out and dealership doesn’t seem to know either but I live in an apt with garage and typically that’s when it’s off. When I start the car in other places with probably a better signal - then it magically is right!

·
Registered
2 Posts
That would make sense about the GPS signal. I still haven’t figured it out and dealership doesn’t seem to know either but I live in an apt with garage and typically that’s when it’s off. When I start the car in other places with probably a better signal - then it magically is right!
Interesting, I will pay more attention to situations where it goes wrong or correct. At least it's not an individual problem. Hopefully they can fix with some system update in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue on my 2021 GLC here. My guess is that it uses GPS time and if it does not have signal, the time may be messed up. Please let me know if you know the fix.
I have clock problems on my 2021 GLA also. It seems to lose track of time. It has readjusted itself, then gone off again after being in the garage for a couple of days. I was looking for a way to reset the clock manually, so far have not found instructions for that. Good thing we all have cellphones so we can tell when the car's clock goes funny.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new 2021 GLC Coupe does the same thing - I park it outside though so no garage issues for the GPS. When i get in the car in the morning the clock is correct. I start the car and the time immediately adjusts back between 10 minutes and 25 minutes. When i get to work the time is incorrect. When I leave in the afternoon the time is correct. The dealership hadn't heard of this before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new 2021 GLC Coupe does the same thing - I park it outside though so no garage issues for the GPS. When i get in the car in the morning the clock is correct. I start the car and the time immediately adjusts back between 10 minutes and 25 minutes. When i get to work the time is incorrect. When I leave in the afternoon the time is correct. The dealership hadn't heard of this before.
My new 2021 GLC300 has the same clock problem. I have reset the clock numerous times and it has been to the dealership one with a return trip set for Thursday. After I drive it and restart, the clock goes to the correct time. You would think that Mercedes Benz could fix this.

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Well, in addition to everything else the Earth's rotation was slightly faster last year, so .... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2021 GLA205 4MATIC that I got in October 2020 and I still can't figure out how to fix it. it's usually ahead by 15 min but sometimes its behind by almost an hour. It's very frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 2021 GLA205 4MATIC that I got in October 2020 and I still can't figure out how to fix it. it's usually ahead by 15 min but sometimes its behind by almost an hour. It's very frustrating.
I have the same issue with my clock on my new 2021 GLA 250. Usually is 10-30 minutes behind the actual time. I hope it's not an indication of electrical problems down the road. Has anyone taken your unit to the dealer to seek a fix?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts