Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the GLA and Mercedes in general. I was wondering what are the first things I can do to tune the 21 GLA 45 and maybe reduce any weight. Even looking for any cool aesthetic mods for exterior or interior.

2021 GLA 45 AMG, digital white metallic, aero package, AMG carbon structure trim, night package, 21’ AMG multi spoke wheels matte black, red and black interior.

·
Registered
435 Posts
IMO, this is just my method:

ALL my mods are based on what I want to do with the car, nothing is done in a vacuum. I don't just mod for the sake of modding. It always is associated with a use goal. If a mod does not exist to get me to my use goal, I make it happen, by brute force if needed.

If there are tons of mods out there but are just something to do for the sake of doing it, I don't do it.

I recommend asking not what CAN you do, but how can we help you do what you WANT to do? What do you want to do?

I don't know the 2021, but I can tell you from a universal perspective, my #1 (literally #1) thing to do is the stereo. any car, every car, I install a world class stereo in it. That might not meet your goals..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO, this is just my method:

ALL my mods are based on what I want to do with the car, nothing is done in a vacuum. I don't just mod for the sake of modding. It always is associated with a use goal. If a mod does not exist to get me to my use goal, I make it happen, by brute force if needed.

If there are tons of mods out there but are just something to do for the sake of doing it, I don't do it.

I recommend asking not what CAN you do, but how can we help you do what you WANT to do? What do you want to do?

I don't know the 2021, but I can tell you from a universal perspective, my #1 (literally #1) thing to do is the stereo. any car, every car, I install a world class stereo in it. That might not meet your goals..
Thanks for the reply. Looking to add HP. I am also looking for a carbon fiber vinyl wrap for the center console black areas. Really just seeing what all is out there for the 21.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently upgraded my 21 GLA 45 with Armytrix Exhaust. But I only did it for the cat back and still, keep the stock downpipe. The exhaust sound is more louder and deeper. But based on the price of this Exhaust, I feel it is not worthy

·
Registered
435 Posts
It was OK. I may not be a normal case listener tho. I don't compete as much as I used to, but from 2001-ish to 2003 I competed SPL car audio, then in 2003 transitioned to SQ. Peaked out around 2011 with a regional championship in the pro category, ISACA. been to a quite a few MECA shows also. Never got an invite to World Finals as I was never optimized for that and also competed against World's competitors, so I took perpetual 2nd and 3rd place trophies :) (My wife would never let me cross the country to take bottom 25% at world finals anyway!). Garage is still full of those trophies and medals. :) :).

Anyways, I can appreciate a stereo for what it is. No reason to be snobby about it. Obviously the HK system is not world class, but it works and does what it does. It's a perfectly fine way to enjoy music. Most cars have just enough tuning ability to center the music and bass/treble adjustments to flatten it out enough to be OK. HK does better than many.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts