Mercedes-Benz GLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I ordered a GLA 45 AMG 2021 in USA at a dealership near Riverside, CA and I remembered I ordered the car around mid Jan and they told me they ran my credit and put the order inside the order bank for Mercedes to pick up. Well..... its been almost 3 month and I have heard nothing from the dealership except the message of be patient and every time I checked with them, they will say its still in the order bank. I understand the recent situation of covid19 and chip shortages but is it normal like this? the sales basically told me that I would get the car no later than end of August for sure. Do I need to trust them? I'm okay waiting for 6-8 month but as of rn I think that might not be the case.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We ordered our 2021 AMG45 in early October and was delivered in the third week of February. We could have had it a month earlier but one of the options was on hold (likely due to the chip shortage) but it was something we rather wanted so deferred an month. Car was made in late November and in Halifax well before year end where it sat for 6 weeks or more while Transport Canada had to approve some emissions things (at least that is what MBC told us). There are plenty of GLA35's around but very few 45's. Seems the allocation of the 45 in North America is rather restricted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ordered our 2021 AMG45 in early October and was delivered in the third week of February. We could have had it a month earlier but one of the options was on hold (likely due to the chip shortage) but it was something we rather wanted so deferred an month. Car was made in late November and in Halifax well before year end where it sat for 6 weeks or more while Transport Canada had to approve some emissions things (at least that is what MBC told us). There are plenty of GLA35's around but very few 45's. Seems the allocation of the 45 in North America is rather restricted.
Thanks for the reply! How long did it take for the car to get actual allocation for you? Like getting a vin number and estimated delivery date.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
We did Euro Delivery on our 45 so it didn't count as an allocated car to the dealer. Our order was placed in mid April 2016. The order did not close until late July. During that time we added carbon fiber dash and adjustable suspension. Delivery in Sindelfingen wasn't until late August. Dealer delivery would have been at least a month later based on shipping to the West Coast.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the reply! How long did it take for the car to get actual allocation for you? Like getting a vin number and estimated delivery date.
Our dealer had two 45's allocated for production in Q4 Ours was to be the first but we switched to get what we wanted and the dealer took our car for stock. We got our VIN in early December as I recall as the car came across the Atlantic to Halifax (where they are held if there are any DoT issues or the like). The first car was at the dealership in mid January ours was there second week of February (just checked and we picked it up on Saturday, 12 February). Car was delivered a week or so early as it showed up when it was not expected> was not due for delivery until 21st. MBC is actually pretty good for lease changeover cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our dealer had two 45's allocated for production in Q4 Ours was to be the first but we switched to get what we wanted and the dealer took our car for stock. We got our VIN in early December as I recall as the car came across the Atlantic to Halifax (where they are held if there are any DoT issues or the like). The first car was at the dealership in mid January ours was there second week of February (just checked and we picked it up on Saturday, 12 February). Car was delivered a week or so early as it showed up when it was not expected> was not due for delivery until 21st. MBC is actually pretty good for lease changeover cars.
So what's the option y'all waited for? That caused the delay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts